HTSLBB-Straight Solo 3

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice Mike! You and BB seem to getting along just fine! I’ll try to join in, but I’m only half way way there.

Anyone ready to “trade fours?” I’m almost ready with the first four ...almost (I’ve really been goofin’ off!)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
not sure what I'm doing!

Here's @MikeS 's original intro to the thread starting with Straight Solo #1 (my underlining):

"Are you working on the How To Solo Like BB course?"

"I just started working on this course and the first solo is only 12 bars (about 30 seconds) long, but the backing track is about 3 minutes long. Using higher math, Trig, calculus and something I learned at NASA, that means there should be room for about 4-5 more people."

"For now, please only record one if you are taking this course and keep it to the original 12 bars.
I thought it might be cool to hear everyone's recordings of this."

If you listen to the 3 members who preceded you in Straight Solo #2, you will hear them all play the same Straight Solo #2.

The original objective was for the next person to also play Straight Solo #2 from Griff's new HTSLBB course for comparison.

But I guess you don't have to.

Here, in this thread, Mike is starting off Straight Solo #3.

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
RECORDING

MikeS...you inspired me(y)
I needed incentive to work on something and memorize it. Seriously, hours and days later here is my attempt. I still would not be able to pull this off on command...this one was about 15 takes!!!:mad:
anyway...thanks for "challenge". (n) Lets see if I can do #2. Thanks again.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xbmps39ovxeinha/htslbb-straight-3-ms-arty-cb.mp3?dl=0

1:22-1:54

The key is not to just get it right, but to keep playing it so that you CAN "pull it off On command". For me that means finding a song where it works and playing that song all the time. If I can't/don't put it in a song, it's gone in a few days.

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Good plan, Mike. I can play it fine as long as the red light isn’t on:whistle:. Will keep on playing it so the muscle memory will be there when I need it. Thanks again.