HTSLBB-Straight Solo 1

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Are you working on the How To Solo Like BB course?

HTSLBB Straight Solo 1
I just started working on this course and the first solo is only 12 bars (about 30 seconds) long, but the backing track is about 3 minutes long. Using higher math, Trig, calculus and something I learned at NASA, that means there should be room for about 4-5 more people.
For now, please only record one if you are taking this course and keep it to the original 12 bars.
I thought it might be cool to hear everyone's recordings of this.

Out at: 0:38

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4m9p88beuoqieeb/HTSLBB-Straight-1-114bpminC-Performance-MS.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice job on the first solo, Mike!
As a matter of fact, I just started working HTSLBB. I finally opened the course and decided THIS will be the one I will finish next.

I was just debating whether I should dig in and memorize each lick and solo, or just learn it (with tab) well enough to record and move on. There's eight more solos (!), so this could take some time!

HTSLBB-Straight-1-114bpminC-Performance-MS-jm
(38-1:02)

Thanks for sharing Mike! You motivated me to play it 10 more times...that much closer to memory!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Silly me.

I did the 3 Swing Feel solos first, then started on the Slow Blues solos.

Will change gears and see if I can get this one down before it fills up. :)

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Since nobody else has come in and this has been running through my head constantly since yesterday, I took the opportunity to give it another try. Same time (1:02-1:28).

Now I can move on to Solo #2. :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j6217dcv0sel6r9/BB Straight#1-MS-JM-P2.mp3?dl=0

Nice @Paleo! Glad to see you're working on this course too! I saw some of your earlier threads with Griff about some errors. I was wondering if you caught the wrong chords on the 11th and 12th bars in Straight Solo 1?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I was wondering if you caught the wrong chords on the 11th and 12th bars in Straight Solo 1?

@Griff

Oops! No I didn't. I just went by what I heard in the solo.

The solo has C7 for the last 2 bars.

However, the Jam Track has the "typical" turnaround, C7 to G7.

So either way there should be a C7 for bar 11. :)

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@Griff

Oops! No I didn't. I just went by what I heard in the solo.

The solo has C7 for the last 2 bars.

However, the Jam Track has the "typical" turnaround, C7 to G7.

So either way there should be a C7 for bar 11. :)
Got it, I'll fix that when I do the other stuff.