How did you get here?

Jim58

Never was the man I used to be
As for how I got here, it feels like I've always been here. I know I was trying different instructors and programs and wasn't pleased. I found Jason Sandercoe who was great and followed him for a while. That's how I found Griff and after a few videos I knew he was the guy I was looking for. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way the last 2yrs. so I haven't been on the Forum much. A shout out to Cowboy, Paparaptor, Rancid Rumpgoogie, Giayank, Wildwood, and all the other old gangsters too numerous to mention. And Mike the Magnificent Moderator.

Beach Bill

Wannabe Guitar Picker
Wow. Yeah, I, too, found the 4-note solo as the "attraction" to check out Griff and BGU. I purchased "Picking on the Porch" and started receiving his emails - which are a treasure unto themselves. My wife and I will be traveling for much of January and February (cruising for three weeks - will have a guitar with me). When we return and "settle in" at home I plan to expand my BGU presence.

Beach Bill

Wannabe Guitar Picker
Thank you, Steve. I actually "joined" the forum a long time ago but have only been lurking from time to time. I am now getting serious about becoming involved with the community here.

Beach Bill

Wannabe Guitar Picker
Thank you for the welcome, PapaBear. I am fortunate that the "beach" area in which I live has an active live music scene - from Ocean City, MD to Rehoboth Beach, DE. Getting to know some local performers (rather well) is what got me back into playing guitar after a 25 year hiatus - and I am having fun.

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Well hi all , was on last week asking questions about which course would be best , as reccommended by griff i chose to go with A
BG, odered it yesterday ,already diving into it , the physical stuff should be here sometime after the holiday. Griff just makes everything seem so simple and not rocket sicence.
As to why i am here , just thru out a couple hundred dollars worth of really bad guitar courses ,some looked like they were taken off of U-Tube and sold just to make money . I,m not a youngster and no plans to play in a rock n roll band ,just want to sit around the house or in the backyard in the nice weather and play the guitar for my own enjoyment . Was using the GuitarJamz blues couse with Marty ,did not like the tabs ,and it stopped working ,after contacting them ,this is a yearly few i have to pay to use this . So goodbye. From only working on this course with griff for one day i am already enjoying the way he teaches . Anyone have any idea as to what point i should add the delta slide to my guitar studies. thanks for all the feedback. ALso i am from long island new york Warren

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well hi all , was on last week asking questions about which course would be best , as reccommended by griff i chose to go with A
BG, odered it yesterday ,already diving into it , the physical stuff should be here sometime after the holiday. Griff just makes everything seem so simple and not rocket sicence.
As to why i am here , just thru out a couple hundred dollars worth of really bad guitar courses ,some looked like they were taken off of U-Tube and sold just to make money . I,m not a youngster and no plans to play in a rock n roll band ,just want to sit around the house or in the backyard in the nice weather and play the guitar for my own enjoyment . Was using the GuitarJamz blues couse with Marty ,did not like the tabs ,and it stopped working ,after contacting them ,this is a yearly few i have to pay to use this . So goodbye. From only working on this course with griff for one day i am already enjoying the way he teaches . Anyone have any idea as to what point i should add the delta slide to my guitar studies. thanks for all the feedback. ALso i am from long island new york Warren
I think you probably start looking at slide once you feel comfortable with the fretboard

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Good to have you with us Warren. I'm in Texas now, but I still have family back on LI in West Babylon.

Blackbelt

Blues Newbie
Hello everyone from Tumwater, WA. I started with the BGU course and soon found that Griff just explained things so that I could understand them in a way that was clearer than other online sites I had tried. Happy to be aboard. Hope I'm posting this to the right area since I'm new to the forum and a bit overwhelmed.

Gene

GaryDranow

Blues Newbie
HI, I'm up in Park City Utah and have been a member of BGU for about 3 months, I found Griff - where else, but on YouTube and liked his free lessons so I joined up. Now I'm doing the Little Wing Lab and Griff has by far the best online teaching (well him an Artistworks) on the web. Today I am going to post my first video so this counts as one of my posts, hello all and good playin'

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
HI, I'm up in Park City Utah and have been a member of BGU for about 3 months, I found Griff - where else, but on YouTube and liked his free lessons so I joined up. Now I'm doing the Little Wing Lab and Griff has by far the best online teaching (well him an Artistworks) on the web. Today I am going to post my first video so this counts as one of my posts, hello all and good playin'
Welcome Gary, enjoy the forum!

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
I was just looking for a way to pull off a 4 note blues solo and I ran into Griff on Youtube. I was hooked and immediately purchased the 5 Easy Blues Solos and I am hooked. I love the simplicity with which he teaches. It seems that everything he teaches/offers/presents is based on something I have heard or would want to play. What a great blues community!!

BigRigSteve

aka Drumtrucker... coming to a town near you
I was just looking for a way to pull off a 4 note blues solo and I ran into Griff on Youtube. I was hooked and immediately purchased the 5 Easy Blues Solos and I am hooked. I love the simplicity with which he teaches. It seems that everything he teaches/offers/presents is based on something I have heard or would want to play. What a great blues community!!
4 note solo... a common theme in here you'll find