How did you get here?

560sdl

Blues Newbie
New and old members.  We have been talking about this for a long time.  We have nearly 1500 members of this Forum and growing every day.  What hooked you on Blues Guitar Unleashed?  or Beginning Blues Guitar?  I am quite sure that most of us stumbled on the 4 Note Solo video on Griff's blog.  But lets let Griff know how powerful that really was (so he will do more!).

Oh, and just a thought if you read this.  Please, lets start putting our rough geographic locations somewhere in our profiles.  It is getting hard to keep track and remember where everyone is located and I think that is one of the coolest parts of this forum.

Thanks guys

I

IrishRover

I have a feeling the 4 note solo will be the hands-down winner, although I also wonder how many had heard about it from a friend.

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
I'm a BBGer but I got there via the 4 Note Solo anyway - bought BGU on the strength of it even though it was more advanced than I was and then Griff brought out BBG. If someone had asked me what course I wanted as a beginner guitarist & a fan of the Blues, the answer would have been BBG :)

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Hey Y'all,
  The hook was the 4 note solo, however, it was more than that ... it was Griff's approach via the teaching venue that got me to spend my frog skins : $$$  ;) ... I first ran across BGU and was going to purchase it even though I was a beginner ... then, I discovered BBG was available and knew that was the course for me ... If I would have purchased BGU and started on that I believe it would have been overwhelming and I might even have moved on to another course from somewhere else and lost out on Griffs ability to connect with his (us) students ...
  Bottom line : # 1. Griff's ability to connect as a teacher. # 2. The 4 note solo. #3. The beginning course BBG . That's how I see it  :cool:

J

jhagan421

Come on guys and girls.  The 4 note solo is awesome, but I was really hooked to stick with this and guitar for that matter by This forum.  
I've been busy lately and have not been around much, boy do I miss it when it don't get to check on

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
The thing that impressed me most was not only the course and forum but the number of people that have stayed with the course and forum. We are all aware of the start/stop in learning the guitar via other courses or private lessons. I talked with a co-worker today. He recently took up acoustic guitar. Took private lessons and learned a song. He dropped the private lessons as they cost and were not always convenient. He has been going from one "free guitar course" on the web to another. I told him his story is familar ... a desire to learn but no definate direction with achievable goals. I told him about BBG and hopefully he will become one of the new users soon. BTW, he is familar with Griff's course and says he was impressed with what he heard and saw.

Tim

Blues Newbie
The 4 note solo came after for me. I got involved from some internet link of some sort. I really do not recall. I have in the past searched numerous sites and somehow this site came up and I hit on it.

For me it is not how but the fact that I did..... and that I bought.

Griff's course (BGU) is awesome!! But what is really helping is being involved in this forum. This forum introduced me to the concept of recording and sharing with others.

As a person who desires to be a guitar player that others want to listen to, I have this to offer.

Practice transcribed solo's, record your playing, share your recording with others, play with others (play with like minded individuals), have goals (detailed).

A little more about goals!! Goals need to be SMART goals. Which means;

S specific ( I will practice BGU 15-30 minutes each day, at least).
M measurable (I posted the solo I intented to post by the day I intented) not perfect but reasonable.
A attainable  Sweet child o mine right away may have to wait.
R relevant  It  relates to what we want. To be able to play in front of others and they enjoy.
T timely  set a date for when something will be done.

I offer this in the interest of others getting inspired!!!!!!!

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
I still haven't learned the 4 Note Solo but it was what brung me..and Griffs smiling face.
The main BGU course is so challenging for me anyway that if it wasn't for the forum it'd be sitting on a shelf instead of being learned.
The forum is a big part of me sticking with BGU.
The forum and all the participants from beginner to pro and the recording thing is a MAJOR plus and was totally unexpected.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Searching the Web for something better than Dan Denley's course put me on to Griff. The 4 note solo sold me!

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
WOWSER, I am not sure how I got here. I know I was looking for some TAB music and then you know how one thing leads to another on the internet...and I liked the info that Griff had, so I went with it. He is really a good teacher. He's so patient too. I just keep viewing the same thing over and over if I need to and he never gets annoyed with me. (lol)
Bottom line, I am glad I found BBG! I don't know if I'll ever feel "good enough" to progress to the next part of it, but the learning on BBG has been so much fun!

P

propanemike

On the posting's in Learn and Master Guitar members web site.
From there members and the the good reviews given there.  

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Trust me Sunny, if you work the lessons, you will progress. Don't forget that recording helps you learn and it motivates you to really work on improving your lesson. We're a pretty non-judgmental group here, but I know I always feel the pressure to get it as close to right as I can, so I practice and improve. You will too.

E

Emilio

4 note solo for me

The forum itself was an unexpected bonus, but an unbelievably valuable tool

I think I have only ever posted about three questions, and received exactly the information I needed to sort out my issues. Griff also pitched in with some answers in each case, which showed me he really cares about his students

Also, following people’s progress as they work through all the lessons (BBG & BGU) is living proof of how good the material is

I really do feel privileged and can’t express my gratitude enough in words, to Griff and all the other forum members

560sdl

Blues Newbie
..and I liked the info that Griff had, so I went with it. He is really a good teacher. He's so patient too. I just keep viewing the same thing over and over if I need to and he never gets annoyed with me. (lol)

That's funny cause now when I watch the DVD's he starts giving me the evil eye like "dude, you still have not gotten this?" :eek: ;D

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
560 said:

"That's funny cause now when I watch the DVD's he starts giving me the evil eye like "dude, you still have not gotten this?"  

Sunny One replied:
uh-oh 560...that sounds like trouble!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You know 560, now that you mention it your little walking bear is looking at me that way! Kind of like: "If you're not gonna get this, then I'm walking..."