Hiya from The UK

Mike Vickers

Blues Newbie
Hiya everybody

Mike here. I live in the beautiful Cotswolds area of outstanding natural beauty in Oxfordshire, England.

I've just become a member of BGU and would like to say hello. I've struggled for too many years to mention and then I stumbled upon Griff's vids on YouTube. I gave some a try and then thought, just buy it and see how it goes. It's great, I think I've learned more in the first two lessons than I did in years with teachers here in the UK. I still struggle but I'm struggling playing real blues. I'll keep you all informed of progress.

Keep spanking the plank!

Mike

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Mike! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

I've struggled for too many years to mention and then I stumbled upon Griff's vids on YouTube

This could be a favorite epitaph around here. Me too.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Mike!!!

You have found a brand new extended family here! Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

Mike Vickers

Blues Newbie
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, I'm down on the South Coast. A bunch of us are getting together at the end of October for the annual BGU-UK jam all the info here http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/bgu-uk-2016.16296/

I went for the first time last year as a nervous newbie and had a great time, it's thoroughly recommended, if you can make it.

Hello, sorry about the delay in my reply, I didn't seem to be able to make posts when I first came on here. Thank you for the heads up about the get together but I won't be able to make it and I can hardly play anyway. Maybe next year. Cheers. Mike

bigalheyes

Blues Newbie
Hiya everybody

Mike here. I live in the beautiful Cotswolds area of outstanding natural beauty in Oxfordshire, England.

I've just become a member of BGU and would like to say hello. I've struggled for too many years to mention and then I stumbled upon Griff's vids on YouTube. I gave some a try and then thought, just buy it and see how it goes. It's great, I think I've learned more in the first two lessons than I did in years with teachers here in the UK. I still struggle but I'm struggling playing real blues. I'll keep you all informed of progress.

Keep spanking the plank!

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome - I've been with Griff and a number of his courses for about 3 years now and he's a top man and brilliant teacher.
I have fond memories of the Cotswolds having once won 10 shillings (yes, that's how long ago it was!!) in a 9-pin bowling competition at the Bourton-on-the-Water fete on the banks of the river. Blew it immediately on a round of drinks in the local!
Cheers, Al.

Mike Vickers

Blues Newbie
Hiya Al. Blimey I'm not far at all from Bourton. 10 shillings is what I won once in a pub I thought it was a fortune which I also blew on drinks. Thank you for your welcome. I'm really enjoying the course and the members I'm meeting on here.
Cheers
Mike

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome from the other side of the pond! Hope you enjoy the people and teaching going forward. Cheers to you as well!

John

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Welcome to the Forum Mike. This seems to be a global forum. Don't be shy about posting your
questions and comments.

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Welcome to the forum Mike. Hope to see you at the UK forum in the future. I am in York which is where the jams take place so keep in touch.