Hi from Leicester UK

paul wilson white

BLUES.THE POWER OF ALL MUSIC
hi straycat6 nice to meet you too, i love the blues but i love rockabilly and 50s rock and roll,im a massive buddy holy fan,and chuck berry, Jerry lee Lewis ect , me and my wife went to a rockabilly night and they were great love the dancing,im also looking forward to meeting everyone and learning some new things maybe we can have a jam with rockabilly or rock n roll

Philip Bate

Blues Newbie
Hi Tony,
I'm a sort of newbie to the forum but have been working with Griff's materials for about 8 years! I reckon I first picked up a guitar a couple of years after Eric Clapton did. Somehow I've never managed to catch him up! However, using Griff's methods I feel I'm gaining on him. I will be at the BGU UK live gig in October.

bigalheyes

Blues Newbie
Hi my name is Tony, I`m a total beginner. I tried to play in the 70`s but then life and kids got in the way. I am now nearly 62 and I have started all over again to see if I can master it this time.
If not master it just play well.
Hi Tony - you're not the same Anthony Bamford, MD of JCB, I presume!! :) Though only just having ventured into the forums, I've been with Griff since June 2013 and made steady progress - trying to master the skills before the arthritis (or possibly the Alzheimer's :sleep:) sets in!! Still trying to pluck up the courage to have a go in public but maybe get there soon.

bigalheyes

Blues Newbie
Hi Tony, yours is a typical tale of many here on the forum but here's hoping you stick at it, you'll get a load of pleasure from playing guitar so good luck. I'm from near Wigan but hey, I hope you don't hold that against me. ;)
Hi Thatman - I won't hold that against you as I was born in Wigan but escaped to Warrington at an early stage - not sure which is worse!