Hey look......a chicken

Rad

Blues Newbie
The biggest shortcoming of Griff's lessons, to many good ones. I find myself long before I have finished one a different one grabs my attention and I’m off and running. Griff contributes to my lack of focus by sending me emails everyday that seduce me and then drags me off in another direction.

Is it just me.......?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
There are a lot of us (truth be known, most of us) suffer from the same affliction. It's called Shiny Object Syndrome (SOS). This forum and its members are your support system (SOSSS). Most of us have at least one of Griff's courses on our shelf that hasn't been finished. There are even the chronic among us who have multiple unfinished courses. I know... I'm one of the chronics.

You're in good company! It's not just you!

Shodai

Blues Junior
Most of us have at least one of Griff's courses on our shelf that hasn't been finished.

Some of us might even have a course that hasn't even been opened yet!

They're is definitely a lot of material available from Griff. And more being added all the time. Each had good as the last. Very easy to lose focus.

Reactions: Rad

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I have many of Griff's courses, and find that some of them I "cherry pick" for the nuggets that make sense to me or help me immediately in some way, and others I actually have "finished" start to end. But one is never really finished with this material. We have discussed before that going back through material that was studied previously always results in some new insights or advancements. I once referred to it as "repeating third grade". It actually seems that the more I know and the more my playing improves, the more I get out of going back over older materials.
I fear the day when age takes over and things start going the other way though. In the meantime, I just keep plugging along.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I for one almost cannot believe that some people ( not me ) finish any of the courses.

I know it does happen to some lucky stubborn motivated people!

I bought the 5 easy blues solo class like 2 or 3 months back havent even started it. But i do go back at times to some of the BGU 2 lessons ... im at least one third thru that one.

It is up to us to try and sort out a growing path and practice plan that makes sense but at times grab a few of the shiny objects where we are ready to benefit from them ...

The three blues moves you have to know was one of the fairly recent ones that i am using a lot.

Yo griff i need the next three blues moves please!!

Loved sunshine of your love class still not working on that solo yet either.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
My New Years resolution is to take the cellophane off of all the ones that I own. Naw...who am I kidding that's probably not going to happen. Maybe next year??!

Steve

Don't sell yourself short, Steve.

I'm a pretty good judge of character and having met you I firmly believe that for a man like you...

... the cellophane is an achievable goal.

I'm pullin' for ya' dude! :thumbup: :Beer: