Here we go with the logins again

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I was fine for a couple of months @Griff and starting yesterday noticed getting logged out of everything again.

Anyone else getting this?

This usually goes on for a month or two. :eek:

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I was fine for a couple of months @Griff and starting yesterday noticed getting logged out of everything again.

Anyone else getting this?

This usually goes on for a month or two. :eek:

Knock on wood, I’ve been fine for 2 months now. Before that it happened for the previous 2 months. I never had the problem the previous 9 years on the forum and it just started. Nothing had changed with my phone, provider, internet connection, it just started happening. 2 months later, once again nothing had changed, and it stopped, I’ve stayed logged in. What a pain in the *ss. Hopefully constantly getting signed out won’t keep happening too long for you!:mad:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That's strange, because @Griff has said that there is a cron job that runs to log off users. I don't understand how you could stay on in the first place.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
That's strange, because @Griff has said that there is a cron job that runs to log off users. I don't understand how you could stay on in the first place.
Clearly, I don't understand much at all about how this works...

I think it's safe to say that, at this point, I cannot control auto-logout behavior and if you're one of the lucky/unlucky ones you have my sympathies :)

steve o

Student Of The Blues

i don’t know, techie stuff is beyond me. 99% of the time I visit the forum on my phone. If I do happen to visit the forum on my PC, I have to sign back on the next time I visit the forum on my phone. Other than that, I stay logged in on my phone, which is awesome and up until about 4 months ago, that’s how it has been for the last 9 years. It was an irritating 2 months. For the last couple of months, it went back to how it used to be, life is good. No changes have been made to my phone, service, etc. I don’t know why but I’m just thankful I’m presently staying logged in (I’m lazy:().

Grritz

Still seventeen... between the ears
Just FYI, this is my first day on the forum(s) and I am having to log in every time. It's frustrating.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I use Google Chrome on 3 different computers. Every time I go to a different computer I have to log back in.

However, Chrome "AutoFills" my username and password so I just have to hit the "log in" button.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I use Google Chrome on 3 different computers. Every time I go to a different computer I have to log back in.

However, Chrome "AutoFills" my username and password so I just have to hit the "log in" button.
That's pretty much my experience in a nutshell. My laptop is where I usually access the forum so it generally stays logged in. On the occasion that I go to the forum from another computer in the house or my phone, I have to log in there, and then have to log in on my laptop next time I'm on it.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
And today...still logged in from yesterday. Go figure.

Remember, there is always tomorrow! :(

I hope that no one experiences problems logging on. That is extremely frustrating!

Technology is an interesting topic. You hear things like "user experience", etc. From a hardware and software perspective, many things can go wrong. Having had a career in the hardware and software worlds, I can truly say that I am glad to be retired. But these Sweet Old Boys (SOB's), the guys in those fields will have their way, and are not interested in compatibility, or user experience.

We could go back to smoke signals, but with the number of fires here in Northern California, it would be difficult to communicate with that methodology. :eek::confused:

Tom