Herd equilibrium in action

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Lost a friend the PRS S2 that i played at Glens Falls last year. Basically a swap for this not really used SE Pauls Guitar.

JP has one of these im really digging it. A little less high profile coloring can be really good.

More on it after i get used to it plays beautifully. These have the real abalone birds think this is the only one in SE lineup like that.

This is charcoal burst i think a limited run not a standard color for SE Pauls ( is an option for the core Pauls ).

D020F7D2-725F-42DD-B197-AA59B283F78E.jpeg

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I've come very close to grabbing an SE Paul's guitar on a few occasions. I keep trying to avoid looking at them, but eventually resistance may be futile.

That's a beauty!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Looks great!
Please educate us on S2 vs SE.

Well S2 american made but some components sourced overseas the SE models all done ( varies by year ) in Indonesia. No difference to me in build quality they are all superb.

Im still getting used to this one. The pickups were 85/15s ( excellent ) in S2 the SE has TCI pickups which are even better to me.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
The pickups were 85/15s ( excellent ) in S2 the SE has TCI pickups which are even better to me.

That's part of the reason I've been looking at the Paul's. I've got 85/15 pickups in my CE24, but the TCIs have gotten great reviews and would provide a different sound.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Lost a friend the PRS S2 that i played at Glens Falls last year. Basically a swap for this not really used SE Pauls Guitar.

JP has one of these im really digging it. A little less high profile coloring can be really good.

More on it after i get used to it plays beautifully. These have the real abalone birds think this is the only one in SE lineup like that.

This is charcoal burst i think a limited run not a standard color for SE Pauls ( is an option for the core Pauls ).

View attachment 12208

My SE Chris Robertson has Real Abalone birds

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
That is one sweet looking guitar. They appear to be great sounding and very versatile too.

Congratulations!

I'm curious what model S2 did you swap for it?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I did some googling / research on it. Apparently those pickups are really special. It looks cool and sounds cool. Even I am tempted, but I need a 17th electric like another hole in the head.