Help! I think I created a monster!

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
TZ,
Rather mellow for you:eek:
C9 was just hang'n out in the background in a nice support mode:thumbup:

If I had put the C9 up higher in the mix, it would have exposed the fact that I am still learning how to play with it. Wanted just enough to let the listener know that something was lurking in the background but not too much that it was over powering.

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
Nice!:thumbup:
What?...:(...why did you quit?
This is a 10 minute track.

That's nobody wants to be the rhythm guy, you have to keep playing all night while everyone else gets the spotlight.

On my first attempt I inadvertently edited out everyone else's contributions after Papa's . . .

Elwood

Blues
I surreptitiously added a rhythm track behind Papa . . .

NIce, I agree with Moto though...more. That playing you did would have sounded fine taking a couple of turns around the cycle on it's own. Good tone, in time...

Sometimes (?) I'm a bit slow to catch on. I don't know how many times I read through this before I READ what you wrote and listened at the start of the track. Not used to folks adding on earlier in the recordings, very good!.

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
***RECORDING***

Thanks to @tommytubetone posting about the Electro-Harmonix C9 organ pedal, I found a used one pretty cheap on eBay and was compelled to purchase it. The pedal is great but it does take a different playing style to get good organ sounds out of it. I'm not there yet but that didn't stop me from adding a little organ to this backing track. I know...I'm getting crazy this week with piano's and organ's:eek::eek::eek:. I used the Epi 339 over the top from 2:21 - 3:49.

G-65bpm-Bass-Drums-Papa-TZ

That's a cool combination of sounds, the organ pedal complements the Epi 339 and Papa's tracks really well.

MikeC

Blues Newbie
Recording

This one is for the Central Scrutinizer. I took a cue from @Kommetjie and tossed in a simple arpeggio rhythm track from 6:06 to 8:15, and went back over it with a lead using a new Pod XT tone I downloaded Friday. Probably not the intended vibe, but the track's been hanging out since December and I thought Papa wouldn't mind. I went a little overboard at the end, and I'm curious what you guys think about it, but I felt like ringing it out a little bit. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p9cqujv00qu4b7/G-65bpmBassAndDrums-Papa+rhythm--tz-ew-001 MC2.mp3?dl=0

Thanks @PapaRaptor !

Last edited: