Hello!

DixiJohnson

Blues Newbie
Well I just signed up for 3 courses about half an hour ago. I just thought I would jump right in and introduce myself!
I am a 42 year old female living in Nanaimo, on the beautiful wet-coast of British Columbia, Canada. I've been attempting to learn how to play guitar fluently for a number of years now. I've always had a problem with following through though.
I recently decided to make a commitment and finally do this! I want to learn blues so that I can join in on one of the blues jams we have here locally. I also plan on learning rock and country guitar.
I have purchased many guitar programs and joined many online guitar "schools" over the last few years. I have heard good things about Griff through some students of another blues program available online. In fact, Griff is a good friend of the teacher...so I decided I'll try both!
I am very excited to start the BBG course tonight. Once I've completed that, I will begin the BGU 2.0 program.
Anyways, enough of my carrying on....I have some learning to do!
Cheers everyone :Beer:

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Hang on a second... You're named Dixi(e), but you're a Canuck? Does not compute to this Southern boy! :)

Welcome aboard!!!

Kevin

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Dixi! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

I think you'll be pleased with how fast Griff's teaching gets you in the Blues groove. The people on this forum will be nothing but helpful as well.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Welcome to the forum Dixi and if you want to learn blues guitar then Griff and his courses are superb, the most important thing is for you to stick to it when the going gets tough, as it surely will, but as they say 'all good things come to those that put in the practice'. Enjoy the journey. :)

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome also from southern California! Great group - good feedback, plenty of 'chatter', and loads of fun. Enjoy the ride and come back often.

patb

Blues Junior
Welcome. You're off to a good start with your course selection. Enjoy it and take advantage of the support offered in the Forum.
Pat B

lola

Blues Newbie
Hey Dixi. Another Canadian. Yeah! I live in a suburb just east of Toronto, Ontario.

Welcome to a great forum. I think there are 3 of us females here. I could be wrong though!~ The guys here are the greatest. They're all gentlemen. I really, really love it here. If you need anything, just ask and you shall receive!

DixiJohnson

Blues Newbie
Hey Dixi. Another Canadian. Yeah! I live in a suburb just east of Toronto, Ontario.

Welcome to a great forum. I think there are 3 of us females here. I could be wrong though!~ The guys here are the greatest. They're all gentlemen. I really, really love it here. If you need anything, just ask and you shall receive!

Great to meet you lola! Everyone's been awesome so far, I'm really enjoying it here! Thanks for the shout out! :Beer: