Hello from Germany (via New York)

willie g

Blues Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm really happy to have discovered Griff and these forums (and the BGU 2.0 package that I bought).

Originally from Rockland county NY, I've been living in Germany with my German wife for 21 years now. Being 53 years old, that's not far from half my life now.

I've been a guitar noodler for more years than I care to think, and only recently decided to get with the program and start working toward a concrete goal, playing either in a small blues combo or at least participating regularly in open stage evenings at a couple local bars.

I'm finding that my years (actually decades) of directionless fretboard meandering have really screwed up my ability to join others in jam sessions. My sense of rhythm is in bad shape, and that's why Griff's approach was so attractive to me.

I look forward to participating in the forums and maybe making a few new friendships.

Thanks!

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm married to a German Woman too and she keeps me straight!

Enjoy the Forum!

artyman

Fareham UK
Welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with lots of advice and encouragement. When you get settled take a wander down to the bottom of the forum where you will find a bunch of us wanabee blues exponents playing in the Virtual Jam Room, so come and join us.

willie g

Blues Newbie
Welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with lots of advice and encouragement. When you get settled take a wander down to the bottom of the forum where you will find a bunch of us wanabee blues exponents playing in the Virtual Jam Room, so come and join us.

Thanks! I'm working on getting my recording abilities up to some form of snuff, then I'll be along :)

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Welcome Willie. One of my college roommates was from Germany and, when not drinking beer, he was (and actually remains) one of my best friends - even though he does not know one end of a guitar from the other!! Again, welcome aboard and, if you want to work on rhythm and timing, this is the place. "when all else fails, count!" is one of the mantras here!
Join in and have fun.

willie g

Blues Newbie
Welcome Willie. One of my college roommates was from Germany and, when not drinking beer, he was (and actually remains) one of my best friends - even though he does not know one end of a guitar from the other!! Again, welcome aboard and, if you want to work on rhythm and timing, this is the place. "when all else fails, count!" is one of the mantras here!
Join in and have fun.

What happened when you drank Bier?!?