Hello from Bluejules

Bluejules

Blues Newbie
Hello everybody.

I've been playing around for decades with the guitar in different styles.
I'm a songwriter etc - but I have never bumped into a teacher who truly speaks my language.
5 minutes of listening to Griff has changed a whole lot of that.
He really hits the nail on the head every time. You know your roadblocks and so does he - and removes them as and when they need to be mentioned - Bravo!

I live in Northwich in the U.K.
My best wishes to you all.

Jules

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Jules. Having a teacher who is right for you is a big part of learning and it sounds to me like you've come to the right place.

Eric

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome Jules.
We know exactly what your talking about:thumbup:

Song write aye?
I try to do that myself.
Looking forward to your participation and maybe hearing some of your songs:)

Bluejules

Blues Newbie
Thanks very much for the warm welcome Eric and Mountain Man!
You are of course right.

It's Griffs connecting statements that really help me.
I can learn this stuff pretty quickly - but knowing WHEN and HOW to apply stuff is pure gold info.

My songs and cowrites in different styles are at www.reverbnation.com/julianwilson
The only set of blues lyrics I wrote was on 'These Blues' on the 'Other Songs' section.

No doubt I'll write a load more solo blues stuff now as my blues chops improve over the coming months. I've got Band in a Box Audiophile Edition - GREAT for easily writing backing tracks in minutes. I'll be doing that and experimenting with all I'm learning at BGU shortly.

Thanks again buds!
Jules

Last edited:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome Jules, I too have fumbled through many years of guitar playing trying to find what works for me and Griff makes what didn't make sense make sense to me, if that makes any sense!

Bluejules

Blues Newbie
Welcome Jules, I too have fumbled through many years of guitar playing trying to find what works for me and Griff makes what didn't make sense make sense to me, if that makes any sense!
Yes - When a great teacher explains something it becomes immediately easy to grasp.
And yes, it does make very good sense.
J

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Hi Jules welcome to the forum and I too appreciate having found Griff and his teaching style he hits the right note (pun intended). Well that's Wiganers for you (Up the Latics). (y)

Bluejules

Blues Newbie
Hi and welcome from another of the UK mob, I'm down on the South Coast, but a bunch of us are meeting up next month for the annual BGU-UK weekend all the details are here, be great if you could make it.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/bgu-uk-2017.20062/

This is a great forum with plenty of help and advice from a great bunch of guys.
I'd love to go but other pre planned events must take precedence on this occasion.
Try me again next year - I should be able to play blues well enough by then as well! Lol
Thanks for the invite though!
J