Hello everyone!

LisaTalley

Blues Newbie
Hello from East TN everyone! I just started the beginner’s course and I am loving it so far! I’ve been playing acoustic on and off for 12 years or so and looking for my first electric. Looking to add a PRS to my family soon! Up until now I’ve strummed mostly... playing light rock/pop and country, mostly playing for my own enjoyment and occasionally with a couple of friends. Hoping to pick up some different skills and branch out of my comfort zone a little... well a lot. Lol

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, make yourself at home.
A bunch of us can be found hanging out in the Virtual Jam Room, so come on down and join in.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Welcome, Lisa! My first-ever electric was a PRS (SE Custom 22 semi-hollow). I predict you're going to love it (and Griff's tutelage). :Beer:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome to the forum Lisa. Have fun developing those new skills. Head down to 'Other Member Recordings' and let's hear whatcha got!!:)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Lisa.
You've come to the right place.
When I started with Griff I had been just like you, strumming & mostly playing for my own enjoyment (but for MUCH longer than you).
Since I've been with Griff, I've learned to play memorized lead solos and to improvise (Still not happy with my creativity, but I can't blame anyone bur myself for that). Now I'm gigging regularly & I've fairly comfortable jamming with others.