Getting together with other BGU members?

Grritz

Still seventeen... between the ears
Hi, folks.
I'm wondering if there's a way for me to actually get together with some other BGU members in my area, to talk, jam, share a beer or a cup of coffee.
Despite Covid, I'd like the opportunity to share some time with other like-minded musicians.
Is there a way for me, within these forums, to send out an invite to others for a get-together? If so, how do I go about doing that?
Thanks.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Look in the Sticky thread section above and check out Wanted: People to jam with.Also, keep an eye on the BGU LIVE section for upcoming jams. Stop in to the next Zoomstock session and say hi.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Look in the Sticky thread section above and check out Wanted: People to jam with.Also, keep an eye on the BGU LIVE section for upcoming jams. Stop in to the next Zoomstock session and say hi.

And unless I'm mistaken, the next ZoomStock is on Saturday??

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
How do I get there and how do I get in? Are there instructions in the sticky thread?

In case you do not know, you should have Zoom installed. Also, you should have a Webcam and microphone operational on your computer.

You can join without the Webcam and or microphone, which is what I did, while I waited for my camera and mic to arrive. I was able to see and hear the other participants. My camera and mic arrived before the last event and I was able to fully participate. Hope to see you this Saturday! :):cool:

Tom

Grritz

I've got a bunch of family stuff happening Saturday but I might be able to make it at least for a few mins! Thanks for the suggestions!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've got a bunch of family stuff happening Saturday but I might be able to make it at least for a few mins! Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm going to attempt a test session on Thursday evening at 6PM (EDT). It's pretty impromptu and there is no set agenda other than getting your computing device up and running with video and audio (bothways).
I will post a link tomorrow afternoon in the Sticky section of BGU Live Jams Talk between 5 and 6PM.

BTW, I'm located in Union County, NC, about halfway between Monroe and Pageland SC, about 40 miles from you.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I'm going to attempt a test session on Thursday evening at 6PM (EDT). It's pretty impromptu and there is no set agenda other than getting your computing device up and running with video and audio (bothways).
I will post a link tomorrow afternoon in the Sticky section of BGU Live Jams Talk between 5 and 6PM.

BTW, I'm located in Union County, NC, about halfway between Monroe and Pageland SC, about 40 miles from you.
I'll definitely try to stumble in just for the heck of it!

Grritz

I know Pageland! Been through there many times years ago when I was working with a client in Conway.
I'll try to make that 6pm Thursday night session...if just to say hello! Thanks!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'll definitely try to join today. I'm SURE I've managed to break my set up again.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Any members here from the Shasta County area?

Shasta County California? I have several cousins up there. Also, the local Black Bear Diner is one of my favorite spots in Shasta. I live in San Jose, and they like to send me eMails to come and have a free cup of coffee! Only a 255 mile drive! Where is my coffee mug? :)

Tom