G minor blues (mid der singensquallin)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
RR,
Really liked this tune -  the minor blues, and your vocals were great! You've got me itchin' to join in (guitar, not vocals)...once I get some solo lessons under my belt. Very cool stuff!
Can't wait to hear you scratchin' that itch, jmin!!  ;)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well Well Well.......I like this a lot!
Annie - What can I say....so nice to have a new player/singer down here.
You did fantastic! We all know you've been work'n on your guitar but, not much to work on with your vocals.
I think you and RR need to team up and do a duet.
I thought your voices were well matched and gave me a shiver....Cool!
Hey, I'm game to try a duet with Annie any time.  Annie and I will have to collaborate if she's game.  To do it, we'd have to find a good jam track, come up with some fitting lyrics, then have Annie do her vocals and send me the link in a PM.  Then I could add my bit and hopefully come up with a good harmony vocal to go with hers and match my levels with hers ... and add some guitar fill ... and awaaay we go.  Whaddayasay, Annie?  Or maybe not harmony ... maybe some woman - guy call and response lyrics ... she sings a line and I answer her.  Whatever.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
A few comments:
You did fantastic! We all know you've been work'n on your guitar but, not much to work on with your vocals.
Hey, I'm game to try a duet with Annie any time.  Annie and I will have to collaborate if she's game.  To do it, we'd have to find a good jam track, come up with some fitting lyrics, then have Annie do her vocals and send me the link in a PM.  Then I could add my bit and hopefully come up with a good harmony vocal to go with hers and match my levels with hers ... and add some guitar fill ... and awaaay we go.  Whaddayasay, Annie?  Or maybe not harmony ... maybe some woman - guy call and response lyrics ... she sings a line and I answer her.  Whatever.

That would be very cool. 

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Nice playing, giayank.  It was time for a guitar solo, and you picked up in mid-section from Dan perfectly and carried it through the end of the next section.  Perfect.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice playing Mr. G.
Now come on........if you can't sing.....try whistling.

Here's my tidbit
https://db.tt/WU86UYo7
GmBlues XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Think I got out of sync....I recorded after Dan, but Mr. G finished his piece first.
So, I just tried to slide mine over to follow him...........Hmm wasn't a great fit but I wanted to keep this beauty going.
Plenty room for more. :cool:

Annie

On my way
Ok I have some ideas. I will PM RR and see if he like it. I really need to get back to my practice lessons and my download skills still need some work. I will take the day off anyway and see what comes of it. :cool:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
That was great, CaptainM!  Very nice singing and playing!  Very nice, tasy solo!  Only "out of sync" I hear is that you ended your solo part way into the next section without finishing off that section.

Hey, Annie, please don't take a day off just for this!  Unless of course you just want to.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Had to try a redo.
Can't say it's better but, it is longer.
Does that count for anything?
https://db.tt/avYjodYA
GmBlues XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
CaptainM, that re-do was stellar!  I thought much better ... better singing as well as better solo work.  Both the singing and playing are outstanding!

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Captain. Totally agree with RR. Great work.  Kept hearing some Allman Bros in the solo.  Great tone voice and singing.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
You guys are so good, I'm gonna have to go out and shoot myself after listening to all this pain!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

vashondan

Blues Doobie
You guys are so good, I'm gonna have to go out and shoot myself after listening to all this pain!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

you don't get off that easy. before you shoot yourself record something!

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
Ok I have some ideas. I will PM RR and see if he like it. I really need to get back to my practice lessons and my download skills still need some work. I will take the day off anyway and see what comes of it. :cool:

A most impressive job on the G minor blues… singing and playing… well done all of you. Jim and Annie, if you’re going to try a duet you should talk to CaptainMoto… I believe he has a TC Helicon Harmony G-XT, vocal harmony and effects pedal. Maybe he could work some magic on your track… just a thought.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
You will all be glad to hear that Annie took on the "Duet Request"!
She has picked a blues shuffle jam track, written two verses of lyrics, waited until the second 12 bars of the jam track to start singing, then sang her two verses, recorded that and sent me a link to it in a PM.
Her lyrics are excellent, and her singing on it is even better than on this track!
Just hope my singing can do hers justice!
And she did all that EARLY this morning ... around 6 AM.  Heck, I can't even spell my name if I get up that early.
I probably won't have my bit done until Saturday morning 'cause I'm just pooped when I get home from work.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Maybe if you legally change your last name from Rumpboogie, you could spell it earlier in the day!  ;D

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Marv,
You're on a roll today ;D

Vdan, thanks for the nice comments.

SHarpo, Yes , I've got one of those but I don't think it can do much after the fact.
Besides I liked Annie's voice the way it was and I don't think you can use a pedal on RR's voice unless it's got O/D in it. ;D

RR, Annie,
I'll be waiting  :cool:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Hey, Annie can sing the blues! You guys sound great as well but a female vocalist really adds a nice touch.  I have a really hectic day but I love minor blues, so if I don't get in too late tonight and there still a slot, I will see what I can add.