G minor blues (mid der singensquallin)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
OK, cats n' jammers, thought it was time for a little more practice with vocals.
So here goes nuttin' ... requires a bit different kind of singing than we've done so far.  More serious-like.
I took the first 3 sections ... hope my attempt at tear-jerking singing doesn't make you go hide under your beds.  :eek:

G minor blues XXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   
2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Sounds like you've got the pipes and feel for the minor blues Jim. Oh yeah........solo was pretty awesome too. Should have taken a few more sections.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Sounded great, RR.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If I can get all my gear outta the car from the California jam, maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.  If anyone else wants to go first, please do!

Annie

On my way
So far I have only got the Soundcloud link. I still have alot to learn about Dropbox. I will post a Dropbox link as soon as I can.

This is as good as I can do before noon. So here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/pretty-bones/gm-blues1

Dropbox is finally happy with me now:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hai1frv5y74hawp/Gm%20Blues1.m4a?dl=0

XXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
COOL ANNIE!
Great job, Annie!
You put your first 12 bars right over my little guitar solo, but that's no problem and just fine, but it leaves your 2nd 12 bars without any guitar backing.  I will pick the link up (wherever it is at, between whatever players) when I get home tonight and add a little guitar fill behind your 2nd verse.
GOOD TO HEAR A WOMAN'S VOICE IN HERE !!!!

Annie

On my way
So sorry about covering RR's lead. I thought it would be a couple of verses then a few solos and more vocals. I have to really work hard to do Gm. There are a whole lotta keys I like better. Looking forward to hearing some of the other contributions on the lyrics.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Sounds good all!
Please remember to post the Xs and Os so that people know if and how much of it is open for further contributions.
Sounds like after Annie we're at XXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (just one more X from RR since they overlapped?)

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
So sorry about covering RR's lead. I thought it would be a couple of verses then a few solos and more vocals. I have to really work hard to do Gm. There are a whole lotta keys I like better. Looking forward to hearing some of the other contributions on the lyrics.

Very nicely done, Annie.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Tying in to Rancid's original lyrics worked out great.  I did notice your Dropbox file was in .M4A format, not MP3.  My Windows Dropbox player just sat there and looked at me.  But I was able to play it fine in SoundCloud.  The next time you're exporting, we try to stick to MP3 format for compatibility's sake.  I'm sure the next player will be able to convert as needed.

Why is Gm harder than other keys? 

Annie

On my way
Marv the only way I figured out to get MP3 was to mail it to myself after downloading from Soundcloud. But GarageBand said the file was too big (10MB) to email. Don't know any other way but that is a topic for recording tips maybe.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Marv the only way I figured out to get MP3 was to mail it to myself after downloading from Soundcloud. But GarageBand said the file was too big (10MB) to email. Don't know any other way but that is a topic for recording tips maybe.

You may need to run the output from GarageBand through a separate converter to get MP3.  Some are available online... you upload your file and download the converted file.  Google what you are converting from and to and you'll find something:  "convert m4a to mp3 online"  might be a place to start.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
If all else fails, just download a free copy of Audacity.  You can open M4A files with Audacity just fine, and when you export the tracks it is in MP3.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
That was really great, Dan.  Really, truly it WAS!
Only minor "problem" is that you didn't quit singing until part way into the 7th section.  That could make it tough for the next guy unless they just fill out the rest of that section with a little guitar work before starting their vocal verse.  No big deal, really.  And yes in this jam track, the end of one section and start of the next is pretty subtle ... easy to lose track of.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well Well Well.......I like this a lot!

A few comments:
RR - Nice selection , sad and bluesy to the max.
Very good vocals my friend,....I think your finding yourself.
That was more from the heart.

Annie - What can I say....so nice to have a new player/singer down here.
You did fantastic! We all know you've been work'n on your guitar but, not much to work on with your vocals.
I think you and RR need to team up and do a duet.
I thought your voices were well matched and gave me a shiver....Cool!

Vdan - nicely done...keep'n it roll'n.
I was so focused on the vocals I had to go back to listen to the guitar a second time...nice job!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
RR,
Really liked this tune -  the minor blues, and your vocals were great! You've got me itchin' to join in (guitar, not vocals)...once I get some solo lessons under my belt. Very cool stuff!

giayank

Just another day in paradise
[glow=yellow,2,300]the guitar lamp is lit[/glow]

Stayed in the 4th , 5th and 1st box on this one . tried to keep it mellow to go with the over all vibe .

Gminorblues XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://db.tt/UD1axnEL