for Clapton Wannabe's

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys.  Appreciate those nice words.
You all have been most generous with your help. Without it I would still be utterly lost as to how to do this. The VJR should be really, really good for me as it has probably been for all of you. I look forward to
more jams with you all.

RR,  do you know how to convert it to MP3? I sure would prefer to do it before I post it rather than create more work for someone else.  Thanks Kevin

How do you even tell what format it's in?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Kevin, I downloaded your link.  That's when I noticed it was a .m4a file because the file name had a .m4a extension.  I used a free on-line file conversion tool to convert it to .mp3, but that takes about 5 minutes to do the conversion, then it sends you the converted .mp3 as an email attachment.  Lot of hassle.  The reason I downloaded it was because your guitar part seemed a liitle loud and I wanted to load it into Audacity to see if there was any clipping like giayank always had when his bits sounded kinda like that ... his sounded a lot louder though.  Well, there wasn't ANY clipping.

What do you use to do your recording?  Whatever tool it is must give you the option to export the mix as a .mp3 file.  I would be very surprised if it doesn't. 

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
KevinS, in one of your earlier posts I think you mentioned that you were using Garageband. In Garageband if you use SAVE AS for iTunes the file will be saved as .m4a file. If you want to save it as .mp3 file you need to select the SHARE command in the MAIN menu. Click SHARE and select EXPORT SONG TO DISK. Garageband will give you 3 options, AAC, MP3 and AIFF. At the bottom of the menu use the QUALITY drop down menu to select what level of quality to save the file as. If you want to save the file in the WAV format see this…

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1426353868

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Hi all

First version went out as an .m4a file.  This one should be an mp3. 

https://db.tt/B6Wu4vdt     xxxxxxxxxoo   took two spots

thanks to Sharpo and RR   

Kevin

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Meahwhile, back at the ranch, the Lone Ranger, disguised as a pool table, gets his balls racked and Tonto, disguised as a door, gets his knob pulled. 
:) :eek:
I went looking for free software that can be downloaded that will convert .m4a files to .mp3 and that doesn't also downoad a bunch of other crap to corrupt your computer.  I found this.
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html?ns=true&gclid=COej47uCusQCFc6TfgodkYEATA
It downloads clean and works slicker'n snot on a hot buttered teflon cookie sheet.
It will convert any .m4a file to .mp3 and stashes the resulting .mp3 version in c:users/owner/my music.
There is even an option to set it up so all you have to do to invoke it is right-click on any .m4a file in Windows Explorer and it will convert that file.
It has a nifty lightning bolt icon that goes on your desktop.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Ok, one take with MIM Strat, neck,  Carvin Nomad, with just TC Arena reverb.
VERY nice Dan!  Man, you are getting some great tone out of that Nomad!  I think this one is the best tone I've heard from you yet, and it's just great.  Your playing was really sweet too!  Smooth, sweet and soulful, and your picking dynamics are really showing their stuff making your playing so much more expressive.  Nice going!!!

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
I agree with what Jim said… that is the best tone and fret board magic I’ve heard from you as well… excellent playing Dan.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Great job of playing all around by everyone, especially on something a little out of the ordinary - thanks for coming out to play!
Tom

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Great job everyone.  So glad I decided to get my feet wet on this one.
Thanks for starting this one up OG.  Keep em coming.

Big thanks to everyone who has assisted me in getting up and running.

Kevin

giayank

Just another day in paradise
   KevinS outstanding job . Very happy to have you in the mix . I can borrow from another one of my jam buddies . ;) Vash very tasty good job . This one is one of the best jams ever . I just listened to it again out of pure enjoyment .  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]