for Clapton Wannabe's

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Nice job Gman.  Ditto to what others said.  Get to hear you a bit more.

THREE SPOTS LEFT.

Hey Tom, do you have the virgin link for this?
I ripped it off of YT here 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOO9UuqgSik
If you would rather, I can put the virgin track in mp3 form on dropbox and post a link to it. Let me know.
Tom

No, that's great Tom. I can convert the video.  Thanks

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
No, CaptainM, you are not EC!
But you did a very nice job on this.
I'm no EC either .. gonna give it a try, but I'm not even gonna try to sound like EC ... and don't worry, I sure won't.

OK, I added four more sections onto the end to make room for other players, and took two sections.
My bit starts @ 02:56 and it sure ain't EC!  Not even close!
Epi339 neck -> Donner delay -> TC Arena Reverb -> Aphex Xciter -> Sonic Stomp -> Mustang III Deluxe Reverb
I rather like 8-bar blues!

EC Wannabes XXXXXXXOOOO

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Nice playing RR! I think I heard a little more angst in your playing on this one than usual - novocaine wore off?? :)
Tom

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Thanks Tom.  Yeah, the novocaine wore off.  And when I smile I remind myself of home in Montana ... the wide open spaces.  I look like a hillbilly from the Ozarks fresh out of Deliverance. 
Maybe that's what you heard ... hillbilly blues.  :-?

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Thanks Tom.  Yeah, the novocaine wore off.  And when I smile I remind myself of home in Montana ... the wide open spaces.  I look like a hillbilly from the Ozarks fresh out of Deliverance. 
Maybe that's what you heard ... hillbilly blues.  :-?

Maybe its time for a new pic on the forum here. A big smile!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well RR,
You did a great job of sounding just like you.
EC won't have to worry about either of us bumping him out of a gig.
I hope that wasn't one of your eye teeth that got pulled.
You won't be able to see what your eating.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Yeah.  Doesn't matter what I do.  I still sound just like me!
Amazing how that happens.
I gotta get me one of those Belly Acres Electronics EC pedals ... and a BAE SRV pedal too while I'm at it.  :cool:

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
RR you could always say you lost it playing hockey....

Sc2k39h.jpg

giayank

Just another day in paradise
From what I see in the mirror each morning and here on the forum I think we all have faces for radio .lmao

KevinS

Blues Newbie
hello all      

https://db.tt/9UgHtyed       xxxxxxxxxoo

This is my first recording of any kind on the Forum/VJR.  Hope you like it.

Kevin

If this doesn't work right, please let me know.

KevinS

Blues Newbie
I tried it out and it isn't working.  brings me to an error screen in dropbox.
Any ideas?  thanks kevin

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Kevin, when you are in Dropbox, just RIGHT-click on your link and choose "Copy public link".  That will bring up another pop-up with a big long link in it and some blue underlined letters that say "Shorten link".  Click on the blue letters.  You will be presented with a much shorter link.  Copy that and paste it into your post.

And if that works for you, please read this thread
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1405646559
for instructions on how to paste your links the way I do so they will show in your post like this EC Wannabes XXXXXXXOOOO .

KevinS

Blues Newbie
ok RR.  I'll give it a try.  Did it pretty much that way except for the right click part. When you highlight
the file it shows a 'copy link to' button .  all the rest I did the same. i'll try it this way and  see if there is a
difference.  thanks kevin

KevinS

Blues Newbie
OK  2nd try at posting my very first recording.  fingers crossed.

xxxxxxxxxoo  I took two spots.

https://db.tt/9UgHtyed

kevin

KevinS

Blues Newbie
You are the VJR whisperer RR.  I tried it and it worked from my end . hope it works for all of you as well.

thanks kevin

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Kevin must have dropped in from his world tour.
He's got chops [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Welcome to VJR......you done good!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Glad you connected with my "whispering" Kevin!  Yes, the link works!  And I 2nd CaptainMoto's sentiments!  You have some great licks there and a very tasty style indeed!  Welcome to the VJR!  May you push me (or pull me) to play better!  (I already know you will!).  GREAT STUFF!!!

Only one thing; Your link downloads as a .m4a file and many of us use Audacity to record with, which will not handle .m4a files.  'Twould be much better as a .mp3 file to save us the hassle of having to convert it.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Capn, that's more than chops that's a whole side of beef!

Welcome Kevin.  Very very nice playing.  Ya'll come back ya hear?