Fix a glitch

PaulLogan

Blues Newbie
I have been using BGU for years and all of a sudden I can't get any of my lessons to play on my laptop without buffering and skipping. I have other Lesson websites that work fine and it plays on all my other devices,
(phone and tablets and desk top) I have Windows 10 and use google chrome as my browser. I tried to use a different browser but it didn't help. I also shut it down and reinstalled it, and that didn't help either. Is there anyone who has any ideas how to fix this.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hi Paul. I know this post has been hanging around for a couple of weeks without any replies. Is it still a problem, or has it resolved itself? A bit more information about your setup might help - are you using wireless exclusively in your home? If not, is this particular machine connected to the Internet/modem via a switch, or straight through? Is Windows 10 up-to-date (Version 1909 at least, or 2004 preferably)? There are other environmental factors that can effect one machine in a household, but they're usually a bit obscure. Try moving the machine to another room or plug it into a different network port/outlet (where one of the machines that works OK is located).

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I experienced a "major upgrade" early last week, of Windows 10 - 2004. It took 3 1/2 hours to install. Nothing worked the next day. Then, after fighting the Settings, ever so slowly, step by step, things began to return to "normal". There were four more "upgrades" within two days of the "original upgrade".

I hope that Paul's problem has been resolved. If not, let us know!

Tom

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I experienced a "major upgrade" early last week, of Windows 10 - 2004. It took 3 1/2 hours to install. Tom

That's what I was getting at. Windows 10 is a bit of a pain regarding updates - you can't turn them off, and they will download/install in the background, meanwhile anything else you are doing gets placed last in the queue. And if you happen to shut down your machine before it's finished, it all starts again next time you start up.... Microsoft, meh!!!!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
My Win10 machine runs 24/7, upgrades get applied in the background (mostly) and I seldom need to reboot. The only time I HAVE to reboot is when I have an app open that uses something that windows needs to upgrade. It's been a rock solid OS for me.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Seems like @PaulLogan may not be reading? I agree with @MikeS , Win10 has been rock-solid, but I still don't like the way MS forces stuff on us. And I HATE the Start Menu layout - is there no way to change the All Programs display into a list,like Win 7, instead of a long scroll? And don't get me started on 3 clicks to Shut down or Restart /end_of_rant/