Finally enjoying learning

Discussion in 'BGU Lessons 1-5' started by JDuckworth, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JDuckworth

JDuckworth Blues Newbie

I’ve tried before to learn to play this instrument and failed miserably. What it always came to was not being able to make some chord shapes and simply giving up. With this system and Griff being understanding that everyone doesn’t have fingers that bend like limp noodles, he gives alternatives that sound good and are easier to play. Honestly never knew there were alternatives and exceptions to the rules. I’m through the 4th lesson and I have sore fingers and a big smile!! Thanks Griff!

LeftyJohn, PapaRaptor, Elio and 6 others like this.
  2. Walt H

Walt H cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity

Right on brotha! Dont forget how that success feels. We all hit walls with our abilities. Quitting is easy when we hit that wall. Hunkering down and working on that technique can be mind numbingly frustrating but the payoff is there is almost no better feeling than busting through that wall, learning something new and adding it to your ever growing bag of tricks.

PapaRaptor and JDuckworth like this.
  3. dwparker

dwparker Funky Blues Muther Funker

Glad you're enjoying the course. I personally love that it teaches things which are immediately usable with real songs, from the first lesson on.

JDuckworth likes this.
  4. jammoore99

jammoore99 Blues Newbie

The course and the system Griff developed is great. I'm glad you're enjoying it and moving along at your own pace. Keep up the good work!