Fender Mustang Owners

artyman

Fareham UK
I know that the Fender Mustang v2 is a popular amplifier amongst many players, but many will have noticed that the Fender Fuse Forum has been discontinued, a search reveals that Fender are no longer supporting this popular amplifier.

I exchanged some messages with their Customer Support (or lack of Customer Support more like) this morning and the transcripts is below:-

What happened to the Fender Fuse Forum, I've been getting a blank page now for ages. I've heard rumours that you have discontinued it and Fuse is no longer supported for my Mustang III. I was thinking of getting a Mustang GTX but if you drop support for your products like this I think I'll look at Boss Katana instead.

Good morning,
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we no longer actively support Fender Fuse as of March 20th 2020, and the service has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience!

Link: https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us...ch-20-2020-Fender-FUSE-has-been-discontinued-

Kind regards,
Cecilie - Customer Sales & Support Advisor

MY RESPONSE
It says on your website website that "Fender Tone apps are not backwards compatible with these products AT THIS TIME" does that mean it will be updated shortly.

Throwing away a perfectly good amplifier does not endear me to Fender products! I have several friends that all use Mustangv2 III amps, you are alienating your customer base, by withdrawing this.

I'm afraid we don't have any more information available at this time, and I can't say if it'll be updated shortly. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause.

Take care!
Kind regards,
Cecilie - Customer Sales & Support Advisor

So it seems that Fender aren't really interested in their customers, and the Mustang GTX amplifier looked so interesting, but since it's features are through an android app via Bluetooth I wonder how long before a change to the next version of Android or an Amp upgrade will result in your current phone/amp failing to communicate, not worth the risk methinks.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I'm afraid we don't have any more information available at this time, and I can't say if it'll be updated shortly. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause.
I see the sales and support advisor has a good handle on things!!!!:confused::confused::confused: Hardly good enough.o_O

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I had a Mustang III briefly and I used an Android app called Remuda that was able to do most (or all?) of what Fuse did. Remuda is still available in the Google Play Store, even had an update in January (bug fix or security update, I think - features don't seem to have changed in a few years).

There is no IOS version, just Android. But it might be an option for Mustang owners who can no longer find or run Fuse. You need an OTG adapter for your Android device to connect to the amp with a standard USB cable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tritoninteractive.remuda

P.S. I agree, Fender dropped the ball here and their reputation will suffer.

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
This is a horrible thing!!!

I wonder if there is a Fender Facebook page... might be useful to post some remarks to inform other Mustang owners AND see how much feedback that would bring to the good folks at Fender!

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
This is standard fare for software. Companies just can’t stay up on the latest tech, and support the old stuff. They don’t make money supporting existing customers. It’s new sales they make money from.

Peavey did the same thing with their Vypyr line of amps.

It’s only a matter of time and the Boss Katana will go the same way, I suspect.

It stinks, but as long as people keep looking for the latest or smallest or cheapest or bestest, manufacturers will be forced to improve or add features to try and compete.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I just plug my board into the effects loop return jack and bypass the effects and use master volume.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
This is standard fare for software
I had a big, long post saved from yesterday talking about this very thing. All software is eventually abandoned. Even those applications that we all love abandon support of the old versions for the new versions. In my head, conceptually, it's like the burger joint up the street revamping their menu, dropping some things, and raising the prices on others. They raise the price of their most popular burger by 50 cents. Some folks will complain about it for a while but keep coming back and eventually forget about the increase. Some folks will start going to the other place across the street. But the restaurant had to raise their price to stay in business.

The FUSE thing irritates me as much as it does anybody. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm pretty invested in it with a GDEC, Super Champ X2, and Mustang Floor. They've even told us for the last 18 months (give or take) that support was going away. I think the thing that caught us all off guard and surprised us/rubbed us wrong (or at least me) so much is that, instead of just stopping support, they removed everything that we would have otherwise used to support ourselves (ie, the fender forum and all mention of FUSE from their website). I also know that this one is because Microsoft is already sunsetting Silverlight so that it becomes abandonware next year. So as much as it's Fender's fault, the platform they built it on is no longer being supported. So it's kind of a trickle down thing.

In the words of Disney/Elton John, it's the circle of life. We just happen to be the ones that are getting eaten on this one. :D

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I have a mustang V head, is there software to make adjustments from my computer, or is this it ?

some of the presets are okay, but need some tweaking and its a PITA with my eyesight doing it on the amp

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I have a mustang V head, is there software to make adjustments from my computer, or is this it ?

some of the presets are okay, but need some tweaking and its a PITA with my eyesight doing it on the amp
This is the software that you would use to tweak your Mustang V. If you don't have an install copy of it, let me know and I'll link you. I'm with you, I use it pretty extensively with my Mustang Floor, and using the software is sooooo much easier than dial and buttons.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
This is the software that you would use to tweak your Mustang V. If you don't have an install copy of it, let me know and I'll link you. I'm with you, I use it pretty extensively with my Mustang Floor, and using the software is sooooo much easier than dial and buttons.
please, I would love to use the computer top get it set and forget

dwparker

Bluesologist
That is pretty bad of fender. They could have at least left the software still available but unsupported.

I was actually thinking of getting a Boss Katana once but after thinking about it I realized that one day they would stop suppotting the software which supports the amp, so I took a pass.

EJG

Central NJ
Yeah... I got caught up in this too. I just use a basic setting and plug a few pedals in. I had come up with a work-around, but then I forgot how to do it. ;)

ronico

rainyislandblues
Okay Fuse aside, what's the lame excuse for shutting down the Fender Forum? That was valuable user info that was still helping answer customer questions a lot better than Fender itself! If you go to Fender all you get is more ads and useless platitudes. I am so done with Fender I will no longer even consider buying their products anymore. There are plenty of options out there from the competition to choose from, from businesses that offer quality customer service rather than sitting on their fat asses and a once proud brand, offering nothing but empty BS:censored::censored::censored::censored:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I don't even pretend to know or understand the technical details regarding the software development etc.... but can't help but wonder if there may have been a way to support the older Mustangs, GDec etc... with the new software for the GTX... could the original mustangs be updated to enable using the new software...? I dunno! Seems a shame... likely makes resale of older Mustangs more of a problem too it would seem.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Why can't Fender put the code into the public domain? Let knowledgeable programmers contribute updates and fixes. I have used 13 different programming languages in my professional career. It only takes one to do it.

Microsoft, HP and so many others are remiss with updating software, rendering computers, applications, and hardware unusable.

Why don't we get after Fender? Let them put the forum back on the air. It might help them and us!

Management decisions are so interesting. The legal and financial consequences are considered, and then "FLUSH"! The CEO gets a big bonus for "having saved the day". Who needs customers? :unsure:

Tom

Bill_B

Blues Newbie
A big thank you from me. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on that amp when I thought to check the forum.

EllenHarvey

Blues Newbie
I am glad I did not purchase one when I considered it. Instead I picked up a used Vox valvetronics again. These are older school modeling amps. But recently I noticed that the Vox web sites are gone so the help in easily finding cool amp settings is sadly gone. At least these old girls do not rely on software. Mostly now I use a couple pedals for tone and effects. (my playing is likely more rudimentary that most here)