Amps Fender Mustang Micro

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
As a PSA, I wanted to chime in.

I've had mine for a month now, and I will go on record to say it's the best $100 i've spent on guitar gear - ever!
Ease of use, amp selection, and bluetooth streaming (which might be my favourite feature) for griff's video lessons and jam tracks, is awesome.

I used to play a lot of the time unplugged so I didn't disturb the family, but with this little guy, that's completely changed.
If you're curious, I'd encourage you to check it out...

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I wouldn't get it just because you have to use wired headphones.i don't want any cords dangling around. It should bluetooth to wireless earbuds. That would be nice. With today's technology I don't see why they couldn't.

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I wouldn't get it just because you have to use wired headphones.i don't want any cords dangling around. It should bluetooth to wireless earbuds. That would be nice. With today's technology I don't see why they couldn't.

On The Gear Page, the rep from Fender (posts #61 and #100) said the latency with the current technology makes for a crappy user experience. But I agree with you, that would be awesome to be completely wire free. Maybe in next gen?

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...er-mustang-micro-headphone-amp.2218100/page-5

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues

...or wireless to a speaker? Maybe too much power consumption to transmit? Maybe charger/AC power input?
Lots of intriguing questions/possibilities.
I have a couple Vox SansAmps. Not nearly as many options. Almost never use them. Still....I will never live to see a Blues Junior Mini...;)

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Bluetooth has too much latency to work well for real-time monitoring of your playing. The wireless transmitters for mics and guitars use wireless technologies that are more robust and more expensive than bluetooth. If they added that to the fender micro, it would cost a lot more than $100, be probably twice the size, and they'd have to sell it with compatible headphones or a receiver unit. Not as simple as it seems.