Fender American Ultra Stratocaster

patb

Blues Junior
Is anyone playing one of these ?.
I was set to buy one when the furnace died. $$
My wife thinks the furnace is a priority.
Thanks
Pat

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I think the Ultra is the newest iteration of the one they used to call the Deluxe. Noiseless pups, S-1 switching, 2-point bridge, compound neck, better contours, etc. I think I remember the neck on the old Deluxe being a C neck and I think they changed that on the Ultra, Great guitars! I have a Strat that is about half Standard and half Deluxe, and the Deluxe half of it is a killer axe (although the Standard isn't too shabby). Once you get yours, you'll love it.

I don't have much good news for you on the furnace. Being from Texas, my suggestion is to put on an extra sweat shirt or four, and still get the furnace fixed first. This morning is our first really cold morning that I remember (33 F is what the thermometer says) for this year. Swmbo was just over getting ready to do the weekly grocery run, and the whole time she was putting on coat, hat, and gloves she was repeating over and over and over "I don't want to go outside!" She opened the door, stepped outside, and I could hear her yelping in pain from the cold all the way to her car. Being the loving husband that I try to be, the moment she opened the door, I yelled "close the dang door you're letting the cold in!" Nope, we don't do cold down here the couple of weeks a year that we get it.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I played a friends Fender American Ultra Stratocaster. It plays like a dream. I have a MIA Strat and it plays as well or bett3er than mine. I particularly love the heel of the neck. With the new contouring they did, it MUCH easier to play high up on the neck.
Miami? Who needs heat?