Fast Walking Blues

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed that one - surprising how much faster it feels to play than it does to listen to :)

M

MandyC

Spot on Ray. :)
I agree with Mike, really nice tone.

I like this one too, it's great for limbering up the fingers :cool:

E

Emilio

That sounded very smooth and confident Ray

Which one of your fiddles are you using for this one?

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Thanks Emi, that was my TC Ellis semi hollow body on the bridge pup,, hopefully my recordings are a little clearer now that I'm not using a mic but taking a line out direct from the amp to my PC's sound card. The new amp is a Line 6 Spider IV 30, I'm very pleased with it :)

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Good job Ray! This one seems simple but can get tough, especially just to keep the pace the second time through. You did great work. Like Mandy said, this is a great little piece to get those fingers warmed up.

J

jhagan421

Thanks Emi, that was my TC Ellis semi hollow body on the bridge pup,, hopefully my recordings are a little clearer now that I'm not using a mic but taking a line out direct from the amp to my PC's sound card. The new amp is a [glow=yellow,2,300]Line 6 Spider IV 30[/glow], I'm very pleased with it :)

Terrific job Ray.  very smooth tone (and way better job of hitting the notes than I can pull off on this one, it gives me fits! :mad:!)

I have the 15 version of that amp I like mine too :)

J

jhagan421

they are great, very versitile.  I do want to get a small tube amp, but I have to resist the temptation :p

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
I did it the other way way round Josh... I've had an Epiphone Valve Jnr for a while now. It's a cool little amp & a bit more in my price range at the moment than the Fender Blues Junior [although that's one of the many things on my GAS list :) ]