Studio One Fade out/in S1

MarcV

Blues Junior
This is probably simple but can't figure it out..

S1 Version 5 (although did this in previous version also).
Supposed to be able to click on corner of event to either fade out or fade in by just dragging the icon in the corner. Like in 1st image.
Lots of time my event will go into a mode where the white icons for fade in, fade out. gain adjustment are not available. 2nd image
Any idea what would cause that.

Update: found that workaround is just to bounce to new track but what causes it in the first place, is it from merging events?

upload_2020-12-9_17-3-36.png

upload_2020-12-9_17-8-5.png

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hmm, Maybe somebody else has the answer.
New one to me.
I do notice that Link icon in the lower left of the track that wont fade..
Not sure what that is ????

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The chain link icon in the lower left corner of the rhythm guitar track indicates that it is a merged track. Studio one doesn't treat this as a single event, but multiple events. The only reason for merging multiple events into one is so you can move the entire "chain" of events (hence the chain icon) around and they will all maintain their position within the channel. If you move one portion by 10 seconds you move them all. For that reason, the fade-in/fade-out and level handles will not operate on this.

The easy cure is to bounce the track, which will make it a single event. Once that is done, you will have the fade corner and center gain markers available.
Here is an example.
The top (blue) track is separate events.
The middle (red) is the same group of events merged (and cannot be further manipulated). Notice the chain link in the lower left of the event.
The bottom (green edit: purple) track is the same group of events, bounced. This track has the fade and gain handles.
Event-merge-bounce.jpg

Last edited:

MarcV

Blues Junior
The chain link icon in the lower left corner of the rhythm guitar track indicates that it is a merged track. Studio one doesn't treat this as a single event, but multiple events. The only reason for merging multiple events into one is so you can move the entire "chain" of events (hence the chain icon) around and they will all maintain their position within the channel. If you move one portion by 10 seconds you move them all. For that reason, the fade-in/fade-out and level handles will not operate on this.

The easy cure is to bounce the track, which will make it a single event. Once that is done, you will have the fade corner and center gain markers available.
Here is an example.
The middle (red) is the same group of events merged (and cannot be further manipulated). Notice the chain link in the lower left of the event.
The bottom (green) track is the same group of events, bounced. This track has the fade and gain handles.
View attachment 13176
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

Here is an example.
The bottom (green edit: purple) track is the same group of events, bounced. This track has the fade and gain handles.
View attachment 13176

Well, I knew a smart person would have the answer on this.

(y)

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Had this issue when I started using S1, think it was version 2 in those days, took me years to figure it out, well done Papa.