Ever do this?

ronico

rainyislandblues
Was doing a couple of acoustic restrings last Wednesday in advance of a small jamming last nite with some friends, maybe later in the evening than should have and lighting not optimal. Tidying up loose ends (literally) and got careless with the clippers and took out the new G string. What a KNOB I am! FAD!!!:censored::censored::censored:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Haven't done that, but I have been in a hurry doing a restring and wound the treble strings the wrong way on the tuning posts so that the keys turned the wrong direction. Didn't notice it until I was sitting there playing it and realized that I kept tweaking the new strings flat. I think I left it that way for about a week thinking I could get used to it before I finally gave up and fixed it.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Haven't done that, but I have been in a hurry doing a restring and wound the treble strings the wrong way on the tuning posts so that the keys turned the wrong direction. Didn't notice it until I was sitting there playing it and realized that I kept tweaking the new strings flat. I think I left it that way for about a week thinking I could get used to it before I finally gave up and fixed it.

Been there!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Never done that, but I have grabbed the wrong tuning key, while looking at my tuner and busted a string by overtightening it.
(Thought process, "I've been cranking on this tuning key and it's not changing the pitch of this string. I wonder why it's not coming to pitch... <SNAP>. Oh, crap!")

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Never done that, but I have grabbed the wrong tuning key, while looking at my tuner and busted a string by overtightening it.
(Thought process, "I've been cranking on this tuning key and it's not changing the pitch of this string. I wonder why it's not coming to pitch... <SNAP>. Oh, crap!")

Yeah, been there, too. Oi.

In my defense it was a 12 string. :Beer:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Nope.
Never accidentally cut a string.

Of course now that it's been mentioned I'm sure I can look forward to it happening at some point.

Thanks for that. :Beer:

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Been there!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues

Bingo! Thought I was gonna skate on this one but Snarf, I've done this more than once. :oops:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Yep, got that t-shirt!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I've done this......... It was a bigger problem before electronic tuners and I used a tuning fork.......... :Beer:

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Did this just last week on a brand new guitar tuning up to pitch.. I was so excited I blew right by the proper G pitch! :)... I have another one coming today... SO i get a second chance!!