Dixie

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
https://soundcloud.com/blackcoffeeblues/dixie098wav

I don't know whether to many of you will accept my version (I just learned it this morning).
The way I have recorded it is my feelings of the song---it is meant to address a man who has lost everything he believed in---his country, his way of life even losing his family members every thing he believed in.
I love the way the original was done, but always did think it left out the sadness of the situation which is the main element of the song--(jmop)
I went through it 2 times then pushed the record button...Hope you get my feeling of the song...Later
By the way Elwood it's all your fault:whistle::Beer::D:Beer::)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Vocals are a bit muffled for my old ears Dave, but I can certainly feel the emotion. Love the full sound of the guitar. Well played.(y)(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Yo Man: I wasn't cooking up nothing----Elwood "MADE ME DO IT" with his "Going to Shilo" song--I know the reverb is a little heavy-but to be honest with you I don't even remember the chords I used in order--(I know what chords I used, but have a very vage idea of when and where
I used them. Thanks for the NICE thing---Later

Elwood

Blues
There ya go and blame me for this huh? :whistle: Things are looking way up, I usually get don't get blamed for good stuff. :Beer: A little arrangement flair on the intro - end. And you learned this "this morning" holy horsedo, good job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I love a song with a story, NICE NICE!!! (There's one for Levon, ah it's not like it used to be...)(y)(y)(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Elwood---After I listened to "Going to Shilo"---this song came to mind----And yes I did just learn it ---I have sang along with it for years but never tried to play it--I guess I could have goofed around with it for 2-3 more hours...but it probably would not have made it any better so I just went with the 1st take. I had been thinking about putting "The Eve Of Destruction". on here a for quite awhile---(I love protest songs) but figured I shouldn't (Page #23:)). Thanks again Later