dirty shuffle blues in Em

giayank

Just another day in paradise
      I've been working on my phrasing . This track from you tube reminds me of "sweet home Chicago " there is a lot of clipping on the original track that I tried to clean up . I'm not sure if this will effect the quality as we go along . I included both tracks if somebody wants the original and maybe can clean it up or it might not matter . Anyway I had fun trying to do a call and response with it . I thought somebody else might want to join in .
   I used my SG with mustang preset 36 " autumns end scars " mid pup and bridge .

dirty blues in Em XXXOOOOOO

https://db.tt/8FFA9tBA
         https://db.tt/O5X3uFw3

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Very nice work, Gman and Dan.  Dan, I think you have reached a new plateau in your playing!  Might not be apparent to you, but it sure is to me!
This is a short jam track, so I'm gonna lengthen it a bit and add my two bits.

OK, done.  Sorry it took so long ... this one wasn't easy to lengthen, but I got 'er done.  Then had to count how many sections are in it again.
Giayank took three, Dan took two and I took three.
I'm not used to using those open strings in E, and generally shy away from that, but this time I went there.  Gotta deal with it sometime.
My bit starts @ 03:02
Epi339 neck -> little yaller delay -> TC Arena reverb -> Aphex Xciter -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Mustang III Deluxe Reverb.
Boxes 1, 2 & 3 and maybe one little squeak up into box 4.  First section down by the nut, then slid up to 12th fret area.
Tried to get a little more "intense" with each section ... don't know if I succeeded or not.

Em Blues XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO   
pianosmiley.gif
2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Very nice work, Gman and Dan.  Dan, I think you have reached a new plateau in your playing!  Might not be apparent to you, but it sure is to me!
This is a short jam track, so I'm gonna lengthen it a bit and add my two bits.

OK, done.  Sorry it took so long ... this one wasn't easy to lengthen, but I got 'er done.  Then had to count how many sections are in it again.
Giayank took three, Dan took two and I took three.
I'm not used to using those open strings in E, and generally shy away from that, but this time I went there.  Gotta deal with it sometime.
My bit starts @ 03:02
Epi339 neck -> little yaller delay -> TC Arena reverb -> Aphex Xciter -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Mustang III Deluxe Reverb.
Boxes 1, 2 & 3 and maybe one little squeak up into box 4.  First section down by the nut, then slid up to 12th fret area.
Tried to get a little more "intense" with each section ... don't know if I succeeded or not.

Em Blues XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO   
pianosmiley.gif
2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

Open strings?  Good on you.  I stay out of that neighborhood.  There was definitely a thread through your track moving toward more intensity and a climax.  Nice.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Dan, by "open strings in E" I mean playing in that E box 1 position right down at the nut.  Usually when something is in E I play it all based on the box1 at the 12th fret and from there up into box 2 & 3.  This time I started in boxes 2 & 3 based on the nut box 1, and that just naturally leads into using the nut box 1 position, which I have always been reluctant to use.  But there is SO much that can be done there, it's a crime not to get comfy there.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
True.  The same notes with half the work. 

If you get used to playing at the nut, a capo can be used for other keys, or you can just barre with your index finger and fret or hammer-on/pull-off just the higher notes of box 1.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice job everyone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
House full of company this week, a little hard to catch up.
Mr.G, you must be practicing....you keep getting better and better. Good Tone for this one.
Vdan, Very nice fit with G. and nice playing.
Got the tone to fit as well.
RR, Open strings  OH my! You done good as usual.

I'll jump in later if I can.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler

If you get used to playing at the nut, a capo can be used for other keys, or you can just barre with your index finger and fret or hammer-on/pull-off just the higher notes of box 1.
My "hang up" with that position is that many of my box 1 licks require bending notes that are under your index finger (which in this case is the nut ... and can't be bent).  Couldn't do those licks with a capo either.  But I do need to get past/around my "hang up".

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Well I've got a bucket list and a list of hang ups and I'm making little progress on either.  Open position isn't going to make it to the top of the hangup list anytime soon. 

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.

My "hang up" with that position is that many of my box 1 licks require bending notes that are under your index finger (which in this case is the nut ... and can't be bent).  Couldn't do those licks with a capo either.  But I do need to get past/around my "hang up".

Perhaps another reason some folks tune down a half-step.  Blues in E is pretty common and you can use the "normal" box 1 pattern if you are tuned down.

giayank

Just another day in paradise
  Nice playing guys . Vash nice stuff . RR I like that open string sound . When I play in Em or G I use the open position a lot . That box two in G major on the third fret slid down to the first box and open strings gives lots of choices . I play almost the same licks in Em and it works well . CaptainMoto sweet tone and playing . Sounds to me we've all been practicing . [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KevinS

Blues Newbie
Good playing guys.  Keep on going for it.

Here is my contribution.  Just a little heads up, and to keep a long story short, there is a one beat gap in the backing track at 7:26  minutes in. The measure was missing a beat so I cut the track and moved it back one beat so everything would line up with the bar lines properly. So here it is.

https://db.tt/KwRMRMsQ

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Sweet home Dustcago!  Nice job there Marv. 

Kevin you definitely put the edge on that one.  Nice playing.

Man there's a lot of nice licks being played around here.  What a great crew. 

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Pretty cool there, CaptainM.  Nice bit you have there starting @ 04:42!
Hey RR,
I notice lots of references to time.
When these come up for me it's in Quick Time and no time is displayed.
Can I select a different program to open these in Drop Box. What do you use?