DIRTY FILTHY BLUES IN A

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. That above all motivates me to keep chopping away trying to learn.
Annie lately I've been trying to listen to the music. The past couple weeks I've tried to hear the call and responce. I'm trying to have my playing fit into the track rather than play along with it. I'm not good yet at hearing the subtle changes on some of the tracks . With this one I heard the separation between phrases. So when the phrase of the track ended I tried to answer it concentrating on timing not counting but rather feeling. It's not a BPM , tempo, straight or shuffle thing it's rather being able to hear the push pull of the track.

sinful

Blues Newbie
I'm back
This took way longer than I had hoped. The mix was all wrong and I had to start over. Here are my two tracks rhythm and lead. I liked the rhythm track better and that was a surprise

DIRTY FILTHY A

5:21-6:40
Ready for someone to finish it.
[/QUOTE HEY hearing alot of cool playing really digging it. how can i jump in and play thanks!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey sinful,
Jump on in...we need some new blood to keep us moving forward.
I'm a bad reference for technical stuff but,....here's the basics for participation down here In the VJR.

Right click on the last contributors link.
"Save as" an MP3 to your computer.
Use what ever recording gear you have to add your piece and then post it back here.
Many people use DropBox (free) file sharing to upload their contribution and then copy the link here.
Obviously, to keep things rolling always record your stuff after the last persons contribution.
General etiquette is to post a notice such as "Recording" to let folks know that you are working on your bit.
When you finish, post the link from Dropbox and remove your "recording" message.
To keep everyone's place, we used to use XXX ans OOO to indicate the number of bars on the track and the number used.
Lately most people just tell us the time position of their contribution, such as (2:30 - 3:30).

If you need more technical assistance, just ask..you'll get help.
Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

sinful

Blues Newbie
thanks for the information i'll give it a try . just for clarification i would download the track from the last person that played than start a thread stating i'm recording and that thread would be here is that somewhat close thank you!

artyman

Fareham UK
Yes and no, correct you download the track from the last player, then reply in the thread rather like I'm doing here, stating recording light is on, so that no one else jumps in at that point, then upload your contribution to somewhere like Dropbox then come back here and edit your post changing the "Recording light is on" to a link to your sound file, you can add additional info like what guitar pickups pedals amp etc. Hope that helps clarify things.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Oh boy.....I get the feeling we're encouraging a sleeper here.
I'm thinking sinful is gonna bring some hot stuff.:thumbup:;)

giayank

Best way sinful is to try and see what happens. If you need to adjust something there's always good people to walk you through your growing pains. I'm a perfect example of it. Lol. Some of my first posts were brutal technically and even worse musically. My catch phrase is loud and proud . Just go for it. :thumbup:

sinful

Blues Newbie
Yes and no, correct you download the track from the last player, then reply in the thread rather like I'm doing here, stating recording light is on, so that no one else jumps in at that point, then upload your contribution to somewhere like Dropbox then come back here and edit your post changing the "Recording light is on" to a link to your sound file, you can add additional info like what guitar pickups pedals amp etc. Hope that helps clarify things.
thank you for that, the problem i'm having is my boss js10, it supports mp3/wav, but when i upload the track to the boss it tells me unsupported format! something isn't right. i have the track on wav as well, thought that might help. it's like having an itch you can't scratch.

sinful

Blues Newbie
whether i can make this happen or not i hope i can, i just want to say that i couldnt of ran into a better bunch of ppl right here, hope theres more to come, you all inspire me . thx

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
thank you for that, the problem i'm having is my boss js10, it supports mp3/wav, but when i upload the track to the boss it tells me unsupported format! something isn't right. i have the track on wav as well, thought that might help. it's like having an itch you can't scratch.
Why are you uploading the track to your js10? Can't you simply upload the jamtrack into Audacity and then use your js10's guitar modeling to record a lead track in Audacity?

giayank

here's my simple approach .

I right click on the last posted track and click save file as.
I open audacity and click file. I click import and select audio In the drop down window I select the downloaded file.
I listen to the track in audacity and find the spot where the last recording ended.
I click on the track a few seconds before the ending of the recording to make that my starting point.
I then hit record and add my part.
I then click on the beginning of the track and under edit I click select all.
I then under file click export selected file and save as MP3.
I send file to dropbox and move it to my public folder.
I then copy and paste the public link into the VJR post.

I usually download the track and then save the mp3 to the desktop for easy finding and use.

I'm not sure if you have Audacity and Dropbox. However they are both free to download and use.
I used to could do more technical stuff on my computer. I'm learning to keep it simple stupid. It's a very valuable lesson I learned here on the forum.

sinful

Blues Newbie
Why are you uploading the track to your js10? Can't you simply upload the jamtrack into Audacity and then use your js10's guitar modeling to record a lead track in Audacity?
i dont have or no how to use audacity i have always uploaded tracks on my js10 to do recordings. but i will look into it though. i'm not tech savey at all!