DIRTY FILTHY BLUES IN A

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Another YouTube-sourced jam track. It is a bodacious dirty blues in A.
Time to break out your OD boxes.
I took the first 24 bars.
I did two tracks ... first, a dirty rock-style rhythm, then a lead over that.
Used my Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone with the Grit cranked to 10 and my MIM Strat's Zexcoil bridge pickup on both tracks.
There are two sections in this track that only have basically bass and drums, so there are two major opportunities for you to do the same thing.

DIRTY FILTHY BLUES IN A

crazy-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Very nice work, CaptainMoto! Tasty indeedy! And you left off right at the start of one of those "naked" sections with only bass and drums.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Arty, it all works. I can tell you're fairly new to this, but kudus to you for jumping right in. You have good tone and are keeping right in there with your timing, and the only way to get better at this is to just keep doing what you just did, the more the better. Glad to hear your playing any time!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Artyman,
Keep going.

Have you messed around with Griff's 4 note solo lesson?
I think that's a great exercises that focuses the player on fewer notes with more creativity and improved technique.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Hey, where Bill left off is right at the beginning of that 2nd section in this track that is only bass and drums. Prime opportunity for someone to do a two-track bit, one track their own rhythm, the other their lead.

Annie

On my way
I'm back
This took way longer than I had hoped. The mix was all wrong and I had to start over. Here are my two tracks rhythm and lead. I liked the rhythm track better and that was a surprise

DIRTY FILTHY A

5:21-6:40
Ready for someone to finish it.

Last edited:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Not bad at all, Annie! You did pretty well considering. Probably your first time playing your own rhythm and a lead over that? Bet you learned something in the effort? That's what it's all about in here ... doing, trying and learning. Kudus to you for jumping in the deep end!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey giayank,
Who said you where over your head?
Are you kidding:eek:
That had to be your best EVER!:thumbup:
That was Olympic class swimming my friend.
Nice...Very Nice.

Annie

On my way
I agree with Captain Giayank. That was really good playing on that one and a really great ending too. You have improved so much. What are you doing to make that happen?