Deep Sea Blues

M

MandyC

Hi

I've found this one the most difficult so far, the C7 throws me.
I thought I'd post it anyway because i can't resist movin on to Fast walking, Blues in E and A and Mary's lamb.
That sheep is sure fun!

I'll keep plugging away at this one though and get it nailed one day!
http://www.4shared.com/file/259305575/afc1e11e/DeepSea_Blues.html

M

MandyC

Thanks guys
I'm OK at the feel, its the notes that sometimes get me ;D

J

jhagan421

Mandy I thought it was great
I LOVE THAT TONE OF YOURS.  You definately can pay the riffs and the chords, I can tell from what yu wrote that you are not happy with transitions, but it works!

I play this one probably at least ten times a day, all different ways.

Maybe, and keep in mind I am no expert (hardly an amature :D) but maybe if you tried playing the whole thing through a few times at a slower pace you could work through some of the tricky changes, oce you get that C7 to feel comfortable the whole thing just falls into lockstep.

M

MandyC

Hi Josh

Think you are probably right, I do tend to attack things a bit.
I think its because I can hear how I want it to sound but my fingers can't keep up!
Chord transitions are the main thing I struggle with, I get the riffs fairly fast. But trying to get more than two fingers down at the same time........
It's getting there though, you should have heard it a week ago!!!

Steve_M

Blues Newbie
Hi Mandy...good job on the lesson. I also find the C7 a pain sometimes, mainly with my pinky hitting the wrong string but it is getting better (I hope  :-/)

Its certainly time to 'go get that sheep' .

Cheers

Steve

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Nice recording Mandy.  You're really making great progress!  As your pinky gets stronger & gains more dexterity the C7 will become easier & easier.  John C had some great advice awhile back on getting your fingers used to difficult chords.  Position your fingers to where you can play the chord cleanly.  Keeping your fingers in place, let up the pressure on the strings, reapply it & play the chord again.  Repeating this process helps build muscle memory & makes the chord easier to play & transition to.  It's really helped me with some tough chords.  Maybe you're already doing that but, if not, give it a try.  Thanks for sharing your recording.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Nice work Mandy! Another great one. I think this one is fun to play with and great to add as an intro to some good ol' country songs (Wagon Wheel).

M

MandyC

John C had some great advice awhile back on getting your fingers used to difficult chords.  Position your fingers to where you can play the chord cleanly.  Keeping your fingers in place, let up the pressure on the strings, reapply it & play the chord again.  Repeating this process helps build muscle memory & makes the chord easier to play & transition to.  .

Thanks, I've been trying this and it's definitely making a difference. Chords still a weak point but it is good to see some progress :)

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
  John C had some great advice awhile back on getting your fingers used to difficult chords.  Position your fingers to where you can play the chord cleanly.  Keeping your fingers in place, let up the pressure on the strings, reapply it & play the chord again.  Repeating this process helps build muscle memory & makes the chord easier to play & transition to.  .

Thanks, I've been trying this and it's definitely making a difference. Chords still a weak point but it is good to see some progress :)

Good job.  As has been mentioned before, go slow when you're learning.  It's not a race.  In BGU, I have to slow Griff's "slow" speed down until my fingers figure out what my brain is telling them.  You can build the speed up once you learn the chords and the changes at a slow speed.  Think Yugo slow, not Porche.  You're doing great!   :cool: