Crossroads in G## (aka A) - collaboration

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Hey, there's still 5 sections between 6:52 and 8:42 that need vocals or solos over them.  How about another vocal, Annie?  Or a solo or two by some new players like maybe jon3b or Cowboy?  I would be happy to do another solo, but heck, you've heard enough of me already.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
                   RECORDING

I added a vocal with a couple of fills and a 12 bar solo at
6:50 to 7:35 to help breathe a little more life into this monster
we all created. 

https://db.tt/M6WSbCjQ

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Well done!  This is rapidly coming to a close.  I may mix it up a little bit, but it's time to start thinking about another one.  Since Sticky and Big Mouth are always available (Digitech Trio), let me know what sort of tune you'd like to try next and I can build a backing track. Or, Ron, you can create one from scratch with your own Trio.

Annie

On my way
Since RR mentioned it I will sing another verse and do a short bass solo. I will try to leave enough for one last bit of lead. All that's left is 7:35 to about 8:43.
I"ll see what I can do with it
[glow=yellow,2,300]RECORDING[/glow]

Annie

On my way
I have a feeling my Bass was a little to loud. It was a bit quieter on the end so I hope a lead would be nice right there.

I wish I had Griff's email lesson he sent out today about playing Rhythm, before I did my previous part. It would have been easier to listen too. :-[

Crossroads

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
A/B,
Hey a little too much of a good thing can't be too bad  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bass came down in volume as you moved ahead...so you recovered well.
Good singing :cool:

Hey, did you get your Studio One issues resolved?

Annie

On my way
A/B,
Hey a little too much of a good thing can't be too bad  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bass came down in volume as you moved ahead...so you recovered well.
Good singing :cool:

Hey, did you get your Studio One issues resolved?

I didn't get a chance to set up with the Mustang and Presonus yet. I will have my amp set up for a jam tomorrow so it would be a good time. Your explanation is really clear (with pictures even).
And thanks for the compliments.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Ok A/B,
I hope you don't mind but................
I've been trying to learn more about recording and mixes, so, I took your "Bass a little too Loud" as an opportunity to try something.
I attempted to reduce the bass volume on your piece.
If I diminished your contribution in any way , my apologies.
Give it a listen.
Crossroads Bass Reduction

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Nice vocal Annie.  I'm hearing an echo in your vocal.  Was that intentional or was there some
effect going on.  I didn't think the bass was too loud if it was a solo.  It was a nice variation.
Captain, I didn't really hear much, if any, volume reduction in Annie's bass.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice vocal Annie.  I'm hearing an echo in your vocal.  Was that intentional or was there some
effect going on.  I didn't think the bass was too loud if it was a solo.  It was a nice variation.
Captain, I didn't really hear much, if any, volume reduction in Annie's bass.
Good, then I didn't mess it up.
I'm listening with some decent headphones with good bass response so, the bass maybe more noticeable here.
Hope it's OK with Annie.

Annie

On my way
No effects Dr Ron. It was two tracks of me singing, one on the other. I agree, I didn't hear much difference in how loud my Bass part was after the change. I think Captain needs to finish it up with a lead there and add a little flare to tone down that Bass. How bout it?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
OK, I enhanced Annie's vocals, reduced the volume on her bass 24 bars slightly, then added a little guitar work with her bass.
See what y'all think... I could play with Annie on bass all day long.  Har!

CrossRoads in A

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Nice job!  Let's call it done.

Thanks to everyone who participated! 

Annie
Billy "The Bigmouth" Bass
Marv
Moto
Rancid
Ron
Sticks

You guys can be in my virtual band anytime!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Here's the one I'm putting on my play list.
https://db.tt/PlKQ0GuZ

Hope you all like it!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
RR,
Nice playing there.
Blended in very well.
I see you also panned Annie's bass over to the left.
That sounded better for me. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
RR,
Nice playing there.
Blended in very well.
I see you also panned Annie's bass over to the left.
That sounded better for me. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
No, I didn't mess with the pan on Annie's bass at all.  It was far left when I first opened the link.