CRGU Solo 1

Discussion in 'Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed Recordings' started by WindInTrees, Dec 11, 2017.

1. WindInTrees

Ok so here's my first shot at the first solo in CRGU. In the style of Jimmy Page, it was fun to learn and play.

i more or less played it as written a couple of repetitions. Then i started to improvise kind of around box 1 of minor pentatonic(BGU solo 1 ), then went back to playing as demonstrated in the course material.

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/solo-1-style-of-jimmy-page-crgu

2. river

river Blues Newbie

Not to bad... Keep it up.. thanks for sharing

3. PapaBear

PapaBear Guit Fiddlier

You're coming along well on that one

4. snarf

snarf musician wannabe

Sounding good, amigo! This one is one of my faves of all Griff's solo lessons.

5. WindInTrees

Thanks for listening, commenting and encouraging guys ! Sometimes the things we learn are not what we expected. For these CRGU lessons i'm learning how to dial in a different sound that i typically play with, and it is interesting to see how distinctly different each of my guitars sound playing the same riffs with exactly the same amp settings, pick, cables etc. Much like i did in BGU, i just want to get each CRGU lesson memorized and be able to record it at full speed so it is recognizable as the same riffs the teacher played. Then on to the next lesson. It will be nice to hear the improvement when i come back to rerecord after more practice and learning. I hope to finish memorizing and recording the first pass on CRGU solo's by the end of the year so i can move on to other goals for next year. This one was/is sure fun to play with the jam track.

6. Thatman

Thatman Playin' for the fun of it.

Sounds really good, enjoyed it, and you get top marks from me if you're playing that from memory. Very well done. (y)