Count in missing a beat

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
In the audio files included with the course there is a full count-in for the first lick that Griff plays but the count-in for the "now you play" licks seems to be missing the first beat. If you start counting at beat 2 it works out OK.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
If I had a nit to pick, I would also like to see / suggest that the standard notation provide the full measure that contains any pick up notes, showing the leading rests before the pick ups.
Tom

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Just got to the 5th lick for position 1 of slow blues and noticed that the picking hand side of the split screen view was waaayy out of synch with the fretting hand side. I reviewed the first 4 licks and found that the synchronization was fine.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
If I had a nit to pick, I would also like to see / suggest that the standard notation provide the full measure that contains any pick up notes, showing the leading rests before the pick ups.
Tom
I went back and forth on whether or not to do that or be more "traditional" with pick up notes. Next time I will definitely do that, it's actually easier to write out that way.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Just got to the 5th lick for position 1 of slow blues and noticed that the picking hand side of the split screen view was waaayy out of synch with the fretting hand side. I reviewed the first 4 licks and found that the synchronization was fine.
I'll look into that and see if I can fix it in the digital version. I went through all those videos so many times but it always seems that I miss a little something somewhere.