Chord notes summarized in one place

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I originally posted this in Guitar Learning but decided to move it since it seems better suited here.

I came across this on a Facebook group I belong to and thought this is a great way to organize all the various chord types together. What I like about it is that it makes it really easy to see the differences between any of them at a glance.

104646753_10157235792326156_2227527598097347058_n.jpg

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
That's really nice and concise. I like it - it's going up on the wall.
I just don't completely agree with the one called "Diminished" which I would call "Minor with b5", and the one called "Diminished 7th" which is what I call "Diminished". But that doesn't diminish the value of the chart. Maybe I'm just an old pedant?

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I think the half-diminished or min7 b5 is missing from the chart: 1 b3 b5 b7

david moon

Attempting the Blues
No issues with the accuracy of the chart. But has anyone ever seen 7th with b9, or 9th with b5 in their playing?

Randy S

Blues Junior
No issues with the accuracy of the chart. But has anyone ever seen 7th with b9, or 9th with b5 in their playing?
I've never seen 7(b9) used but oddly enough I know where it would be used if you wanted.

If you are in a minor key the diatonic 5 chord would be minor- however, many minor songs instead use a Major or Dom7 as the 5 chord which comes from the Harmonic Minor scale. The 5th degree (or mode) of the Harmonic Minor scale is Phrygian Dominant which has a formula of 1, b2, 3, 4, 5, b6, b7. That gives you a Major chord, extended to Dom 7, extended to Dom7(b9).

Outside of jazz I doubt it is ever used.

On a 9 with b5 I am at a loss as to where that would be used. Maybe it's just a 9 chord with a blue note as the 5?

One of Griff's AAP sessions this month covers a minor key with a V or V7 chord.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Did you ever find it?

I'm actually still looking for it. I came across it on a Facebook group I belong to and have not been able to find the original post. I could have sworn I saved it, but can't find that either. I'll keep looking...

FOUND IT!!! Turns out I had saved a copy of it in my note-taking software. Here it is again:

Notes of the major scale.jpg