Buckethead!

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
There are a ton of full length Buckethead concerts on Youtube. I dismissed this guy as a joke, but as I started to look into it, he is a real musician, and probably one of the fastest guitar players around. Although speed isn't everything, it's one aspect of skill. He has released something like 60 albums. And has invented some new techniques of playing. He gets some amazing sounds from a kill switch on the front of his guitar.

yeah, I know, he wears a KFC bucket on his head, and a scary white mask, and sometimes a tinted visor. And mid concert he uses his num-chucks and hands out small gifts to the audience. Supposedly he is a guitar playing robot, raised by chickens, who were killed by Col Sanders for food.

He toured with Gun's 'n Roses, and auditioned for Ozzie. Ozzie said, "Yeah, he can play all right! But the bucket has to go!" Then he looked back and he had the bucket back on his head.

I heard an interview where he said, he just felt so relaxed with the mask and bucket on. I guess it's his way of dealing with the stage fright.

His concerts are just him and some backing tracks. He just jams with himself for 2 hours, minus toy time and all. The music goes from hard rock, to blues rock, to jazz, to techno, to I don't know what.

Anyway, if you can ignore the bucket and mask, he is a great guitar player.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I’ve seen him in concert when my cousin Darren opened for him - AMAZING guitarist - and one weird dude! :)

kevin

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Amazing player, he was one of Paul Gilbert's students for a while.

Here's rare footage of him pre-bucket

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I find that fashioning a large piece of aluminum foil into a Viking like hat with the horns as antennas and a piece of 24 awg clipped to it on one end and a good earth ground on the other does absolutely nothing for my guitar playing YMMV
Go stand on the roof in a thunderstorm. That might help!