Bob's Blog

Darcey

Blues Newbie
That seems weird. Send Bob an email at bob@leadguitartactics.com something must be broken, even back in 2012 I got an email almost instantly with the information. I'll send him one too.

Eric
This is nuts, just sent an email to bob and got this reply.....

Thanks for trying to get in touch. This e-mail address is send only. If you need support you need to create a ticket through the support desk. Send an e-mail to

support@leadguitartactics.com

Thanks,

Bob
I bookmarked http://leadguitartactics.com/members/membership-home/ which is where all my courses are listed.

Try emailing Bob at the address Tom gave too. If you don't hear back from Bob soon I'll start a private message (they call it a conversation on this forum) with you.
Eric
Thanks Eric, yes it seems I missed the email with that link and registration information. Must be a simple glitch or something.

Regards

D

leftymike01

Blues Newbie
I gave up on this guy!
I bought a lots of his courses And when he change his sever I lost them them all,Email over and over again No Repleys just wanted what I paid for
Good luck to you Guys!
Michael Raybisch

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I think Bob only pays attention to his courses and customers when he needs some quick cash! Obviously trying to build them into a viable business isn't a priority!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I agree he is difficult to get a hold of, though I do get emails now and then.Thankfully I downloaded all of the courses I got from him.

reconbuzzard

Blues Newbie
ditto I had most everything once now all i have listed is jazzin the blues
he has great material but as above, if you get it make sure you download it

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
If I get his BUILD course through Griffs courses will it show up in my digital delivery on griffs members area or re route me to bobs site

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
If you buy it from Griff, it'll be be in your digital delivery with all your other courses, no problems.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I don't want to jump the gun but Bob seems to be back online which is good news for those of us who have some of his courses.

Those who thought they lost his courses when his server crashed may be in luck because a lot of them are back online in your members area. With download links and everything.

Screenshot 2017-12-07 18.24.09.png

Crafting Great Guitar Parts is a great series of courses as are his Jazz ones. I don't see Clapton Tore Down which is probably the most practical guitar course I've ever taken, though.

Eric

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Eric;

I noticed that from his eMail, but it only gives me access to one of the many courses I purchased from him. When I am in the mood, I might let him know. I do have all his material backed up on my computer and an external hard drive. I am still waiting for the remainder of the course, "Major Scale Tactics". :) I will not hold my breath though. o_O

Tom

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Yeah Tom, I'd like the rest of Major Scale Tactics too :)

I posted for guys like leftymike above that were streaming and lost the courses when the server crashed. Having downloaded them you're fine. I have all my courses back on his site except "Clapton Tore Down" and "Blues Chord by Chord". I will email him about those because I think they are two very practical courses and I like them a lot. I am downloading what is on the server now before another crash :)

Eric

Terry B

On mine it says I have blues chord by chord, I can get the manual and backing tracks but the videos show as unavailable. Was sure I had Arpeggios and the Blues too but it says I have insufficient access for that.

I agree Eric that Bob has some great products, especially Clapton Torn Down, I'm just glad I bought most of my Bob stuff through Griff so I have access to it all including Clapton Torn Down right here. :)

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
On mine it says I have blues chord by chord, I can get the manual and backing tracks but the videos show as unavailable. Was sure I had Arpeggios and the Blues too but it says I have insufficient access for that.

I agree Eric that Bob has some great products, especially Clapton Torn Down, I'm just glad I bought most of my Bob stuff through Griff so I have access to it all including Clapton Torn Down right here. :)

Are sure you didn’t get arpeggios and the blues through Griff, mine is in my member portal

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Terry maybe I did jump the gun. Not all the videos are there yet for my courses either, now that I've gone through them all. Crafting Great Guitar Parts 3 through 5 are complete but 1 and 2 don't have the video. He must still be working on the site. Hmm, my Larry Carlton course is missing the video too, but Jazzin up the blues is complete. Typical Bob? :)

Triad Power I got through Griff so I know that won't show up.

Eric

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Tom, I have the Major Scale Tactics videos and .pdf's on my hard drive (for some reason I downloaded them back in 2013). I have through day 91 in the .pdf's and the action plan is:

Days 85-91 Action Plan

Here is your action plan for days 85-91:

• Practice the F#min amd F#min7 arpeggios with the added lower neighbors.
• Play the Lochrian mode solo and steal any ideas and licks that you like.
• Play the Lochrian mode against the backing track. Notice the sound of each note
of the scale against the chord. Pay attention to the “tension” each note creates.
• Play the solo I-vi-ii-V progression. If you discover any lapses in knowledge go back and review the appropriate arpeggios, etc...
• Freely improvise over the backing tracks. The more you apply the easier it gets.

Is that where Bob stopped the course or do you have lessons past day 91? And the last video I have is lesson 8-3 targeting the roots, 3's and 5's and only playing scalar up and down stopping on the chord tones.

Eric

Last edited:

Terry B

Are sure you didn’t get arpeggios and the blues through Griff, mine is in my member portal

Unfortunately no, I have several that are there and I normally pick them up through Griff, too bad he didn't just sell everything here. :( Not 100% sure but I think it was one time he needed cash and had a super deal.

As Eric mentions, typical Bob.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Tom, I have the Major Scale Tactics videos and .pdf's on my hard drive (for some reason I downloaded them back in 2013). I have through day 91 in the .pdf's and the action plan is:

Days 85-91 Action Plan

Here is your action plan for days 85-91:

• Practice the F#min amd F#min7 arpeggios with the added lower neighbors.
• Play the Lochrian mode solo and steal any ideas and licks that you like.
• Play the Lochrian mode against the backing track. Notice the sound of each note
of the scale against the chord. Pay attention to the “tension” each note creates.
• Play the solo I-vi-ii-V progression. If you discover any lapses in knowledge go back and review the appropriate arpeggios, etc...
• Freely improvise over the backing tracks. The more you apply the easier it gets.

Is that where Bob stopped the course or do you have lessons past day 91? And the last video I have is lesson 8-3 targeting the roots, 3's and 5's and only playing scalar up and down stopping on the chord tones.

Eric
What I have is this:

Lesson 7
Days 85-91
Days 92-98

Lesson 8
Days 99-105
Days 106-112

As I recall, this was to be a 365 day course? I will retain my infinite patience. (Please do not ask my wife or kids what that may mean!) :)

In defense of Bob, I must say that I understand when life gets into the way of reality. He has some very great concepts that are extremely helpful. I truly enjoy his approach to guitar, and wish him the best. Bob and Griff have a lot in common. It would be extremely helpful if each of these two gentlemen had an IT department, to keep things in order. As it is, experience has shown that Griff has control over his business, and Bob has had a number of events out of his control that interfere with his Internet music business. That means that the customers suffer as does Bob. It adds to Bob's problems. The man has a lot to offer.

Tom

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Tom. I sorta remembered there were more in the Dashboard than I downloaded. I'll give Bob a week or so to get things up and then shoot him an email.

I like Bob for general guitar instruction. It took a while to get used to the low budget videos after the Gibson DVDs and Griff's DVD's but the content is top notch. Griff for blues, Bob for general guitar and Truefire for specialty instruction is how I generally approach learning.

Someday I'll strike out on my own and self teach like you advise but there is so much good content available from just these 3 sources that I feel like I'd just be reinventing the wheel :)

Eric