Bm slow blues

JohnF

Blues Junior
Whoa Ray. Nice take. Sure sounds like you're gaining confidence. I agree, I like those slow blues too.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Wow you guys are fast. I will pick up after after sar at 3:24. I will post tomorrow. I have just been listening to the grove and thinking about what I can do. My good friend Ray has really put the pressure on me. So, tomorrow I will start my solo, no practice, I will just go with whatever and god help me.  :)

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Nice job Sar  [smiley=beer.gif]

Hey Larry, sorry about that, didn't intend any pressure  ;) the only thing you have to do is enjoy it  :)

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Good Job Sar! Way to jump in there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Today has been a disaster. I couldn't get a good sound from my equipment to go with the back track. I played really, really bad. I had a hard time learning how to use Audicity. I am having trouble uploading this thing, which is probably just as well as it has no redeeming features. I am only trying to upload as I said I would do it today. Lots of things to piss me off. Anyway this just makes me more determined. Sorry that I took so long and then screwed it up, but if you will allow me, I will keep trying to do this and hopefully will grow as a result. I have to learn how to control the Audicity so my mike in front of the amp can carry the solo. Anyway, I am going to see if it uploaded and if it didn't I will try again. :mad:

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
OK, here is the right one. http://www.4shared.com/audio/pQVHsz_l/back_trak_Bm_X000_4.html
I just now read Beauxs way of keeping score so that goes in the today is not good basket. LOL

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
The first one is the hardest Larry, you've put yourself out there and got it under your belt! Well done and it is very cool to jam with you my friend.

I think there is still a bit of a recoding level issue like you say, did you by any chance save your solo as a seperate track? Maybe between us we could bring up the volume & mix it back in.

By the way, my second attempt was the really bad day for me, they are always going to happen... I lost my whole recording & got flu!  :)

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Larry, I think you somehow doubled up the backing track. The original was only a little over 5 minutes and the track you posted ended up being almost 11 minutes.

I could barely hear what you doing. You can turn the volume up on the track you recorded and listen to it before converting to MP3. Are you using Audacity?

You did a great job getting the first one out there! Like Ray says, the first is the toughest! Way to go! We'll help you get the recording right!

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Two things you can do with Audacity to boost a weak recording. Use the Amplify effect. It takes a little trial and error to get the level to match the backtrack. The undo feature is really helpful here.  ;) The other thing is to just use the track volume slider. Audacity will use that setting for mixdown when you export your tracks. You might consider saving a work file too ( *.aup ) so remixing is an option.

I might play with it over the weekend and try to bring you up in the mix.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Thanks everyone. It is very clear to me that the problems were technical and not knowing how to record caused a lot of frustration. I will get this recording learned this weekend and will do a proper improv within 10 days. Here is where I need your help as I went to the Audicity help/record and it was of no value to me.
First Ray my friend. You said, 'did you by any chance save your solo as a seperate track?" How do you do that?
Chuck, you said,"You can turn the volume up on the track you recorded and listen to it before converting to MP3." Again I need direction as this is what I was trying to do. At one point I had my guitar and amp cranked up hoping I could be heard over the back track. LOL
Jon, you mentioned the amplify effect. Where is that located? I did see 2 sliders on the left hand side. Is this where I should play until I get the right balance?
Gary are you saying all you do is use the level slider then save/export/. Is that all you do?
Guys I really appreciate the input and am looking forward to playing something you will be happy to listen to. Thanks all. :)

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
It's under the Effect menu. I've been able to bring out your track a little, but not well enough that it does your tone any favors.
  The main reason I amplify my tracks are to compensate for the somewhat weak usb signal from my Mustang amplifier.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Jon, are you going into your amp and then into the PC. I tried that but the PC does not recognize the amp. I use a UX1 and POD Farm and I'm not always pleased with the built in tones from POD Farm. I get a nice "Cream" era sound out of my little Fender Bullitt but can't get close to that sound with POD. I have a problem with Audacity too cause nothing works in the Effects toolbar which is why I can't mix any of my recordings.