BLUES ROCK IN A

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Hey RR....that was awesome! Why have you been hiding so long. Great to finally hear that axe of yours. Well done!

By the way, the rest of you guys are sounding pretty sweet too!

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

At least until I can figure out how to use my new Tascam DP006 ... which is still making my eyeballs cross.  It's supposed to have a lot better mics than my laptop, and no latency issues ... but it's also a lot more complicated to use than Audacity.

I have a DP004. Should be pretty much the same. I have made a couple of recordings with it. Super fun also. Just like this, once you figure it out, it will be pretty quick and easy. The first recording I made with my DP004 took me about 2 hours to make as I was reading the manual and going through the steps. The second took me about an hour. The third recording took me about 15 min. Of course they were all pretty much first takes. I got mine to be able to record my acoustic and to practice my singing.

As for latency, I think there is some info in the recording tips about getting rid of latency. I just haven't bothered to try it out.

Your solo was awesome, by the way. You are much better than you make yourself out to be. It didn't sound like you butchered the blues to me. You sounded as good as any local blues band I hear playing here. Chuck- your solo was awesome, too! Thanks for letting me jam with you guys.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Nice going Jim.  Great first foray into the VJR.  I hope to not be too far behind you.  Keep em coming!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Sounding good so far!  Glad to finally see RR in the VJR and I think this is also Brent's first foray in here!  Great work, guys!  Chuck, you're sounding awesome as usual!

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Sounding good so far!  Glad to finally see RR in the VJR and I think this is also Brent's first foray in here!  Great work, guys!  Chuck, you're sounding awesome as usual!

Yup, my first time. Thanks!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Hey RR....that was awesome! Why have you been hiding so long. Great to finally hear that axe of yours. Well done!
By the way, the rest of you guys are sounding pretty sweet too!
Thanks Ivan.  Hey ... I haven't been hiding ... I've been "technically intimidated" or "technically challenged". 
In other words dumb as a box a rocks regarding how to do this.   ;D

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well, since there are still 48 bars left, if there are no objections I'll pick it up again where Brent left off and add another 24 bars.  I have a couple ideas I'd like to try out.  But give me a couple hours, OK?  Ain't had my morning infusion of coffee yet.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
You can, but I would give it a while. It sometimes takes a few days before it fills up. You can record it again and play out the whole song and post it in other recordings section as well.

There aren't a lot of rules here other than to have fun.

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
Hey Carlos ...
Thanks for the compliments.  You bugged me more than once to jump in down here in the "basement".  Well, there's still 48 bars left, so ....
:)

Thanks again for jumping in down here, I may have time to jump in this evening, I for sure need some blues soloing practice!

Carlos

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well, just for kicks and giggles, I picked it up again and added another 24 bars, but switched gears and threw some twangy "country" major stuff in there.  It isn't very polished, but it gets the idea across that you can mix country and blues ... or ... that playing in all major has a "country" sound to it.
https://db.tt/suXM5vhN

There's still 24 bars left to go, and if someone should want to, they can always pick up the first link and start the whole shebang all over again.  ;)

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Nice job by everyone.  I really like that "country" feel and tone of your second set, Jim.  I'm going to have to play along with it to get a feel for that.   [smiley=beer.gif] 

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Nice job by everyone.  I really like that "country" feel and tone of your second set, Jim.  I'm going to have to play along with it to get a feel for that.   [smiley=beer.gif] 
Aw, shucks Mike.  And here I was expecting eggs and 'maters to be thrown at me for showing my country side.  And here you go liking it. 
I'm losin' my touch ... can't even stir up trouble when I try.  ;D

Chuck

Staff member

+1 [smiley=beer.gif]

Enough distractions for me until after BGU Live!

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
[smiley=smiley_down.gif]
Ok here's my take with flubs & all. Strat on the bridge, pearly gates pup, with clean Fender twin, mxr classic overdrive, and boss DD7 on analog, got the slap back with an xotic SP compressor/clean boost.  Went with a major country sound 4 note boxes, and finished with the blues scale.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/qzdhaottfmoyrnb/RR000002.mp3

Carlos

Chuck

Staff member
Way top go Carlos! good Job on that! Have one of Wilbur's beers! [smiley=beer.gif]

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
Thanks Jim, I have gone to just a clean setting on the Mustang--like the twin, and using my pedal board for the effects--plugged straight into the amp, just like my tube amp.  My country lick(major licks) libary is very thin, I usally go for the 4 note boxes, the same ones I use for rhythm playing. Not making BGU Live this year, Griff would have to change the time of year for me to attend my business is getting into full swing by the middle of March(now) Thanks for bringing out my country side.

Carlos