Blues in C two-track challenge

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Annie, you sounded just really really great! 
I'm waiting to see which link giayank picked up ... yours or jmin's ... and when he's done, I'll put the recording light on and break out my hacking/cutting/pasting tools and get both you and jmin on the track along with everybody else.
If Mr. G picked up your link, I'll paste jmin's bit in right after Mr. G.
If Mr. G. picked up jmin's link, I'll paste your bit in right after Mr. G.
I need all the mumbling/futzing/hacking/pasting practice I can get.  :D
No sweat, I do the same sort of thing quite often when putting together jam tracks that I download from yooutube.

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Rancid I grabbed Annie's " Rancid in the wrong place link " I wasn't aware of missing parts . Hope I didn't make things worse .

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well now [smiley=huh.gif]

I was commenting on Gman's bit.....now I see RR did some magic....I'll go back and giver a listen.

Nice editing RR. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gman,
Put those mushrooms away and come back to earth.
This reminds me of a little game I play with my grandkids around Christmas:
"Try to sing the lyrics of one Christmas song but, use the music from another"
It's almost impossible!

[smiley=shocked.gif]

Annie

On my way

I need all the mumbling/futzing/hacking/pasting practice I can get.  :D
No sweat, I do the same sort of thing quite often when putting together jam tracks that I download from yooutube.

Thanks RR for all the futzing. I kinda knew someone might use my link instead of Jimin's. I wanted to splice it in myself but I haven't edited much before. I am glad you could put it right.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Gman, put those mushrooms away and [glow=yellow,2,300]come back to earth[/glow]. [smiley=shocked.gif]
Yes, listening to this track, it's like listening to music then hitting gman's bit, leaving the planet, circling around Pluto and Mergetroid for a while and then an abrupt return to earth music with jmin's bit.  Holy cow!   :eek:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for putting me back together RR! (Not really necessary, but I appreciate the effort).
Great job Captain! I love the smooth bends and overall tone. Very Nice!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
CaptainM, I loved your tone on this one!  Nice and sweet!  Very tasty indeedy!  Sounds like your re-wired joint is wired up pretty darned good!  What pickups are in that Strat of yours?

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Giayank, Annie, Jmin, Captain...y'all sounded really nice.  It took me a bit to sort you guys
out but it was worth it.  Great track you constructed Rancid!

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Sweet, smooth and great tone Capn loved it.

jmin, what are you playing?  Loved your tone as well.

Nice going Annie.  Love your willingness to jump in on these.  Keep em coming

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey RR,
It's my Bergen "super strat" with Lindy Fralins.
Not sure of the p/u models.
http://www.bergenguitars.com/
http://www.fralinpickups.com/default.asp

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
You all sounded really good!

Gia, don't let them tease you.  Nothin' wrong with a little experimentation.  That's why we're here. 
Annie, really impressive.  You are growing leaps and bounds. 
Ron, I was on the phone with Chuck yesterday and he and I both agreed you're sounding like a pro now. 

jmin, always a strong addition from you.  We expect it, but you never disappoint. 
Moto, you make me want to dig out my LP Junior sitting on the stand with a disconnected Fralin P90 and get it all hooked back up again.  As much as I pooh-pooh tube amps, that Victoria always sounds sweet when you play it.

Well done, all!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I probably forgot someone since I last chimed in,  and I'm sorry if I did.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
jmin, what are you playing?  Loved your tone as well.
Dan, Thanks! That's my old ('73) Fender Telecaster. Plugged into Garageband on my Mac, with a "tweed" amp model. I added a "drive" pedal on the lead track.

jbBlues

Blues Newbie
Hi Everyone,
I am pumped about being part of this group.  I am the one who asked (earlier in the week) the dumb question about how you all have been uploading the songs.   Anyway,  I have my Dropbox account set up and want to give this a shot.  I have just grabbed the version from the latest link I saw in this thread (posted by Captain Moto).   I am at work right now but will take a stab at this later this evening and post something.   I hope I am following the rules properly.   Put me in line if not...  :)  Back later...

jmin

Student Of The Blues
JimmyB...perfect. Because this is an "older" jam, you probably won't have anyone else vying for the same slot. But, when you are actually ready to record, grab the latest track and put up some kind of message ("I'm Recording"). That way no one else will post on top of you. Looking forward to it!