Blues in C two-track challenge

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
OK Boys and Girls ...
Here's a Blues in C.
It's basically a bare-bones bass and drums track.
I was thinking ... what if there are two guitar players.  What would be something that two players could do without stepping all over each other?
So I laid down two tracks:
One track is just double-stops following the chord progression.  Call it a rhythm enhancement.
The other track is my lead.

So your MISSION is to lay down TWO tracks as if there were two guitar players, and mix it all nicely.  The idea is two players playing simultaneously without stepping on each other, so call and response isn't in the cards.
I used my Epi ES339 Pro neck -> TC Arena Reverb -> Aphex Xciter -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Mustang III '65 Twin.
The "rhythm" track is straight, the "Lead" track also uses my HotOne Blues pedal and a little delay.

pianosmiley.gif
2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

Blues in C XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jmin

Student Of The Blues
RR!
Love it man. The "September" challenge! Nice job playing!
So, basically play your own Rhythm and Lead? I'm in!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Yep, you got it.  Of course, two players can also collaborate with one laying down a rhythm and the other playing lead over that or vice-versa.  Or even dual-guitar solos playing an octave apart or in harmony with each other.  Let 'er rip!  :eek:

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Nice RR and Dan!

OK, I'll take a shot that jmin isn't recording also.   If he is, we'll do some cutting and pasting.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Recording[/glow]

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Sorry my post was confusing...I'm in...just NOT recording yet.
Go for it!!!

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Okie dokie, I took 2 more progressions.  Little double stops for rhythm on the first 12 and some little chords including the higher strings to go along with the second solo an octave higher.  I let the players switch off with one playing rhythm while the other played lead.

Blues in C XXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Good lord, I think we have a hit on our hands!  :D
Dan, your bit was outstanding!  Loved it!  Very nice indeedy!  Did I hear a little delay and reverb in there?  By golly, I think I did!
And Marv is shining too!  Very nice work there Marv!

Could it be we just all love to play with ourselves?  I didn't say that.  Yes, I did.  To quote Larry The Cable Guy, Lord, forgive me for that there. 
t1834.gif

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
You guys are killing it and are tough to follow; but, I'm giving a shot and
laid down 24 bars rhythm and solo.
Begin: 2:42
  End:  3:46

https://db.tt/lniVQyIj

jmin

Student Of The Blues
You guys sound great! This little challenge ain't as easy as I thought! You really have to remember the rhythm you played!
Thanks for lesson RR!

RECORDING

Blues in C

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Hey, that was smokin' jmin!  Very smooth and well put together!  Yeehaw!
If I can count, that puts us at Blues in C XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

Annie

On my way
I want to give it a try with the new chords I learned from  BGU. OK, if I have to do 2 you'll get to hear my lead too. I am a beginner remember!
[glow=yellow,2,300]RECORDING[/glow]

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Great concept RR.
You did good on this one. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Vdan, I think the avatar change made you play better.
That was some of your best. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Marv,
Good stuff :cool:

Dr,
Well done also....good tone. :)

jimn,
Once again.....fantastic :D

I' been out of the studio  for a while...I'll jump in later.

Annie

On my way
I know I am breaking the rules but I had recorded a better version earlier, so I am posting it. I just couldn't come up with anything better. This is the same section Jimin did right after Dr Ron.
Well just disregard this and move on. I thought it was pretty good so I posted it anyway. Sorry about that Jimin. You guys sound great and can't wait to hear Moto.
Rancid in the Wrong Place

giayank

Just another day in paradise
sounding great everyone . I've got an idea for this one gonna give it a try .[glow=yellow,2,300] Recording light is on [/glow]

I gave it a try . Had a solo in my head and tried to pair it with a rhythm I've been hearing a lot lately .
   used my 335 clone on both parts . Lots of gain and distortion on the rhythm . Cleaned it up for the solo .

Blues in C XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

https://db.tt/ukXI9cuo

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Annie, you sounded great!!! Cool rhythm and really nice phrasing on the solo!