Blues in A

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Nice one David and I was in suspense towards the end, will there be a flourish or not. :cry:

Oh well it was a good old Chunka Chunka. (y)

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Hey David......just listened to your Full Out Blues, Blues in E and Blues in A. Very good and the flourish was great.

What are you using to record your playing? What is your set-up and what system are you using in the computer to do all of this.

How difficult was it to do all of this?

I think I might like to record in the future (for my BGU friends) and am curious as to how involved a process it is as I am clueless about such things.

Thanks in advance.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I got started with just a laptop with a built-in mic, and Audacity (free software). Just recording the sound in the room

Then I got a 2x2 USB interface, Presonus Audiobox, but there are a bunch with similar features. I use a Roland microcube with a bunch of amp models and built-in effects, but don't use much of that capability. I mic the amp into the audio interface. While recording I monitor with headphones. Actually I usually monitor the backing track or click track in one ear while hearing the room in the other. Still using Audacity software.

Other folks here use amps that have a direct USB output so no mic needed.

How difficult? Well there is a learning curve. There is a recording topic in the forum way down toward the bottom.

Probably the most difficult thing is not going all "deer in the headlights" when you hit the Record button :sneaky:

And I have sent innumerable takes to the bit bucket before posting one I was happy with. That's how you find out what you need to work on. For "lesson" material, with very rare exceptions I make myself record the whole thing in a take, not splice together bits and pieces from various takes.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I

Probably the most difficult thing is not going all "deer in the headlights" when you hit the Record button :sneaky:

Deer in the headlights ? I dont even get the headlights.........hit the record button, my fingers get all wonky and forget where to go