blues acoustic or delta slide blues

Blues_Dude

Love Dem N'Awlins Blues
I have been working my way thru your BGU course, actually beginning my second time thru to see if I can perfect my technique a bit better. I have been considering looking into trying the acoustic style for a while now, kind of mixing electric with acoustic. I really want to get to where I don't always have to be plugged in to enjoy playing. I saw where you have this Delta Blues Slide course which really caught my attention. My question is, do I need to go through your acoustic blues course before I can enjoy learning about the slide? It appears that many of the lessons taught in your acoustic course is covered in the BGU material, so I don't know which way to go.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Obviously, it depends on your interest. I'd love to learn slide, but that is a long road on the technique side. IF you really just want to be able to pick up an acoustic and sound god, I'd say ABGU. Just my 2 cents YMMV

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
You will be able to progress through the Delta Blues Slide course without having done ABGU, if you've got BGU under your fingers you have the guitar skills to cover most courses now.

What Course is Right for me