Big Band Blues in C

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have no idea how you do it, but my computer is full of little images for each of the mp3s I've downloaded with your jam files.:eek:
Well, all I can figure is that you're downloading them to your desktop instead of into a folder?
If you are putting them in a folder, just open that folder and up at the top choose "View" and choose "Small Icons" or "List" and the little pictures will go away.

I get the little pictures tagged to my MP3s with some free software called MP3TAG.
I keep all of the MP3s that I upload to Dropbox, but I do not keep all of other people's MP3s that I download from here. I delete theirs soon as I've added my bit and made my own.

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I have no idea how you do it, but my computer is full of little images for each of the mp3s I've downloaded with your jam files.:eek:

There is a "meta-data" portion of an .mp3 file, one of the tags is intended for album artwork. You can add it using iTunes or Windows Media Player or a 3rd party app. Many .mp3 files you get off the internet have the tag already added and I suspect that RR is downloading files that already have the tag or is using a youtube downloader that is adding things to the .mp3 that he is not aware of.

Here are a couple of tutorials, you have Windows if I recall correctly so here is one with MP3TAG and one with Windows Media Player:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
jalepeno, no, I'm not downloading tracks that already have a tag in them. Even if I did, if I import a track with a tag into Audacity, record a bit on it, and export it from Audacity, the tag is gone. I use MP3tag to add a small photo after I have exported it from Audacity and before I upload it to Dropbox. Takes all of 5 seconds or so. I have MP3tag linked to the folder that I have all of my jam tracks in (where I upload to Dropbox from) ... so every time I open MP3tag there is a list of every MP3 in that folder. All I have to do is click on one of them and add a cover photo of my choice and save it.

Last edited:

giayank

Just another day in paradise
recording lamp is blown out. wow I really had a hard time bonding with this one. No excuses here it is loud and proud. Mustang ,SG and stopped around 7:20

Big Band Blues in C

Last edited:

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Lots of good stuff. Jmin, Captain, Giayank. You guys have the major pent down really well.
It seemed like there was another solo in there. Captain, did you change guitars in between takes?

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
giayank, I can't download your link. If I click on it and it takes me to dropbox and I click "download" from there I get an error insisting that I sign in (by opening a new account). If I right-click on it and choose "save target as" it wants to download it as an HTML document.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
giayank,
Just loud enough and you should be proud ........that was good:thumbup:

RR, Thanks....Following jmin always raises the bar.

Dr Ron,
Just flipped from the neck to the middle p/u and upped the volume a tad.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Dr. Ron I liked that bit at 2:30. It set off your solo. Jmin very cool solo. It had a swing to it. I'm having the same problem RR is having. Instead of being able to play the track it goes right to dropbox. I also can't right click the file to save. If i can download the file I'll add another part.

Last edited:

JohnF

Blues Junior
I had to go in to Dropbox and download the file. I think it works. I'm turning on the recording light.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
John...the only way it works for me is to go to the Dropbox website and do the selecting there.