BGU UK Jam 2016

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
This years jam session is going to be at the usual location of "The Owl Hotel" Hambleton North Yorkshire on 29th and 30th October. They have 21 rooms and if you mention the blues session you should get a discount on the room rate. Chris Hurst has offered to organise the song sheets this year to give me a break but I will monitor this thread or you can PM me or Chris for questions.

Cheers
Phil

AlanT

Blues Newbie
I would love to go but as 30th October is my 40th wedding anniversary i don't think I can make it......maybe next time.

(y)

washbrook

Darlington, UK
Well, I've taken the plunge and booked in the Owl Hotel for the three nights as well, your fault artyman... lol, see you there. I joined you guys a couple of months after last years BGU UK event but having seen the videos clips of it, I wanted to come to this one if only to meet up with you guys.

I am totally new to Blues and to be honest, I thought I would have had almost a year to learn enough to be able to join in playing quietly in the background but I don't seem to be learning as quick as I hoped. Hehe, bought too many of Griffs Courses and swamped myself into panic mode I think, so its looking like the playing side of it will be way over my head but I am already looking forward to meeting you guys and the weekend's event.

Dave

artyman

Fareham UK
Look forward to meeting you as well Dave. As long as you can play three chords I,4,5 and can keep time you'll be fine :D Just learn the first Pentatonic shape and you'll be OK for the solos as well, all the rest is just icing on the cake.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Look forward to meeting you as well Dave. As long as you can play three chords I,4,5 and can keep time you'll be fine :D Just learn the first Pentatonic shape and you'll be OK for the solos as well, all the rest is just icing on the cake.

Hells teeth, THREE CHORDS, heck so that's another TWO I have to learn. :eek:

burlew

Blues Junior
That's a bummer Dave!

Hi Chris.

Sorry I missed your post.
Yep its a damn shame.

I've got work in Cologne and Venice in September, but there's just no way I could stretch out my visit that long.

You guys enjoy and post a few pics and videos.

db

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Hi Buddy,
If you are near York at any time let me know. We could meet up for a drink and if you like you could try out my new studio.
I'm round the Bradford and Leeds area a lot this year working so if you get together for a drink or something let me know and I'll pop along.

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Well, I've taken the plunge and booked in the Owl Hotel for the three nights as well, your fault artyman... lol, see you there. I joined you guys a couple of months after last years BGU UK event but having seen the videos clips of it, I wanted to come to this one if only to meet up with you guys.

I am totally new to Blues and to be honest, I thought I would have had almost a year to learn enough to be able to join in playing quietly in the background but I don't seem to be learning as quick as I hoped. Hehe, bought too many of Griffs Courses and swamped myself into panic mode I think, so its looking like the playing side of it will be way over my head but I am already looking forward to meeting you guys and the weekend's event.

Dave
Don't worry. The playing won't be too bad and I'm sure we can help you along and get you playing something. Just joining in will be loads of fun no matter what your level. Make sure you bring a guitar and amp and I'll strum along with you. You will love being part of a band situation I promise. See you there.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Be warned, the UK has the most bazaar weather patterns, it can be great or crap at any time of the day, week or month you can have snow, sun, heat , wind and calm all in the same day pretty much at any time in the year, so you pays your money and you takes your chance as they say. This applies to anywhere in the UK. :eek:

Be warned.

washbrook

Darlington, UK
Don't worry. The playing won't be too bad and I'm sure we can help you along and get you playing something. Just joining in will be loads of fun no matter what your level. Make sure you bring a guitar and amp and I'll strum along with you. You will love being part of a band situation I promise. See you there.

Hi TonyS, Thanks so much for the peace of mind.... looking forward to it more than ever now.... cheers :)