BGU Live Chatter...

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Since I'm already getting questions privately about a possible BGU Live in 2019... here's where I'm at...

At the moment, I can't figure out how to fit it in with what I've got coming up this spring. Lake Arrowhead has reached out and would love to have us back, but during my kids spring break (when I usually fit this in) there are some things going on that would make it so that I'd have to pick another week.

If I pick another week, Chris won't be able to make it because his wife's a teacher and he'll have to be home with the kids.

Plus, as it gets later in the year, it gets more expensive to get that facility because their peak season starts. We have been able to squeeze in there the last couple of years and it's worked out, I'm not sure it would work out this year.

I have not given up and/or ruled it out, but I can't promise anything for this spring at this point.
How About Big Rig Steve.Aka Drum Trucker..He did Great Job taken over for Chris last year BGU live lake ArrowHead ...and he is open for Filling in for Chris . (I JUST TALKED TO HIM ON THE PHONE) He is ready to go , All for the price of being there...big rig Steve was a professional Drummer for 18 Years...BGU Live Lake ArrowHead was one of the high lights of my Life...I was and had planed my vacation this year BGU live Lake arrowhead ....but hey Life Goes on....I enjoy all BGU has to offer ..i just need Live people to play with and BGU Live Gives me that opportunity ..Plus i Made some Life Long Friends...It's all about What you Created Griff...you Have become the Apostle , Prophet , Evanglist , Pastor ,Teacher of this Church and BGU LIVE is our Tent Revival Meeting....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::rolleyes::rolleyes::sneaky::sneaky::):):D:D:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)(y)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
...It's all about What you Created Griff...you Have become the Apostle , Prophet , Evanglist , Pastor ,Teacher of this Church and BGU LIVE is our Tent Revival Meeting....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::rolleyes::rolleyes::sneaky::sneaky::):):D:D:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)(y)

No offense, but I think you got that wrong...he's GOD!

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
i Appolagize to everyone..I wasnt trying to make it Creepy....:unsure::(..As a church Pastor ,,,i was just making an Observation of what Griff started with BGU ..it is really in a sence a church ,,the founder is the Apostle , and the evangelist promotes the work ,,,the Pastor sheepards the Flock , and of coarse Griff is the Teacher...I was just Having Fun and in no way Did i mean to Bring Religion into this and Make Griff God ,,,at this point it Just Got a little tooo Creepy for Me....I Appolagize to All and will Bow Out of this conversation...and i just want to thank Griff for all of the Fun you Have Given us through BGU.. WOW! Sorry!

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
i Appolagize to everyone..I wasnt trying to make it Creepy....:unsure::(..As a church Pastor ,,,i was just making an Observation of what Griff started with BGU ..it is really in a sence a church ,,the founder is the Apostle , and the evangelist promotes the work ,,,the Pastor sheepards the Flock , and of coarse Griff is the Teacher...I was just Having Fun and in no way Did i mean to Bring Religion into this and Make Griff God ,,,at this point it Just Got a little tooo Creepy for Me....I Appolagize to All and will Bow Out of this conversation...and i just want to thank Griff for all of the Fun you Have Given us through BGU.. WOW! Sorry!

Would that Make Griff the new Clapton?

jmin

Student Of The Blues

Sorry Pastor Mike, didn't mean to creep you out...

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Thanks jmin: i appreciate that : i was just trying to pay Griff the Highest compliment i could think of..Griff Has Built something most men could only (remotely) dream of : Griff has basicly built an online world wide School,With His own Teaching,He has done all his own marketing , Built His own online Forum that has taken on a life of it's own with moderators and yet Griff finds time to interact with those online who Study His Teaching , even more with 8 Live Classes a Month ...and then the Cherry on top is we get to come together and show off our chops All Day for a whole Week With Griff ...WHO DOES THAT?. but it becomes more than that ...More of a Family Get together and from all around the World ...you get to interact with people that treat you like Family ....it dosent matter how hard you suck at playing Guitar they treat you as well as the most talented Guitarest among them,, I was just Trying to encourage Griff to Keep the BGU LIVE ,,,it dosent matter were and when as long as we Can Come together and Play...i Had Ron and Joel call me the other day ( DUDE WERE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER):LOL::ROFLMAO: they were in my Group and we had never met until BGU Live ..there are others i have keeped in touch with...I will Pay more $$$$ if that is what it takes...so Please Nobody take what i said About Griff Being as Nothing More than the Highest compliment That you could bestow on someone.....It Take's Great men to Achieve Great things...if you have never started your own business you will never understand the commitment and dedication it takes...let alone one that turns out to be more of a School and family and friends...Nobody i mean Nobody Has done this ...:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

backSlash

I prefer my kale with a silent "k"
I agree with Mike A, BGU Live is more than guitar camp, it's family. And I also agree with Mike that "...I will Pay more $$$$ if that is what it takes..." I rarely, if ever, have said that, and don't expect this sentiment to be universally shared as we all have our financial commitments, but speaking solely for myself, I get way more out of it than anything else I could spend that same amount of money for.

...that's legal....:whistle:;):LOL:

sloslunas

NM Blues
There is way much more than music when you attend a BGU live event. And you guys are what makes it worth the price of admission. If I never picked up a guitar at these events...just being in your presence makes it worth every effort to attend. I want to thank all of you for that...

Steve

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hello everyone from Sunny Australia - it's 39C (102Fahrenheit) ) outside so I'm inside surfing BGU. Seeing as how I live in Oz and can't get to BGU Live whether it's at Arrowhead or Spearbutt, can I kibbitz at bit and tell people to have a look at THE AUSTRALIAN BLUES MUSIC FESTIVAL?
I don't know whether I can post URLs here but I'm gonna try -
https://www.australianbluesmusic.com.au/News/2019-Australian-Blues-Music-Festival.aspx

Hey, that worked so I'm encouraged. The Festival is held in Goulburn, which is about 2-3 hours South-West of Sydney, and here's another link about the Festival, from the Goulburn Visitor Information Centre site -
https://www.goulburnaustralia.com.au/Event-Calendar/Australian-Blues-Music-Festival.aspx

I've been to the Festival once and it was a blast - the whole downtown area of the beautiful city of Goulburn becomes a blues party.

For any Aussies reading, get there!! This is not like Byron Bay where it's Blues and Roots and mostly overseas acts; this is TRUE-BLUE Aussie Blues artists and enthusiasts having a ball for 3 days in a great place. And there are lots of venues, indoors and outside, bars are open so there's BEER (!!), you can camp nearby if you have a tent or RV, Hotels and Motels have accommodation available.

No, I'm not getting paid to advertise it. I just want other people to know about it and GET THERE!
Cheers from Chris G at Sanctuary Point (ChrisGSP on BGU).

backSlash

I prefer my kale with a silent "k"
All, I apologize if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I'm trying to cram this posting in while listening for my name on a teleconference and admittedly didn't do due diligence on searching.

I am assuming the Spring BGU Live in Lake Arrowhead is...cancelled...not happening...postponed? I know Griff is working on some stuff, but just wondering if there has been anything official?

For what it's worth, and I realize Griff isn't asking me, .....but a BGU Road Trip to the mid-west in the early fall would not suck. Just sayin.'(y):Beer::Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
All, I apologize if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I'm trying to cram this posting in while listening for my name on a teleconference and admittedly didn't do due diligence on searching.
I am assuming the Spring BGU Live in Lake Arrowhead is...cancelled...not happening...postponed? I know Griff is working on some stuff, but just wondering if there has been anything official?
For what it's worth, and I realize Griff isn't asking me, .....but a BGU Road Trip to the mid-west in the early fall would not suck. Just sayin.'(y):Beer::Beer:

As of right now, there is nothing official on the radar for 2019, other than the BGU Jam in upstate New York in October.
https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/ne-bgu-jam-vi-update.25937/

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
From the list of folks that have committed to the NE jam I must say it would be an educational experience on it's own, I'm holding out hope to make it, but doesn't look likely.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Katherine- I came away from the last NE jam with a t-shirt and a whole lot of memories. I know I made a donation but I have no idea what your costs were. If you need to set a price of admission that would be understandable.

I agree with this idea. I would rather have a set price that would cover all of the costs and if something unexpected comes up, a donation request could be made to cover those costs.