BBBS Ex 2.20 is needed

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
So I was starting to think that the Jump Blues section of the course was getting more difficult and then I got to ex 2.19. What he plays in ex 2.19 is not as written in the book. It is totally different. He plays it in the 5th fret area of A Maj starting on the 1st string and yet the written music is on the 6th string starting up on the 12th fret.

In the Jump Blues solo you an tell he plays both his demonstration and also the written music which he did not demonstrate. So it looks like he needs another example demonstrated (for the written music as shown) and he needs another written music (for the demonstration he played). I hope this makes sense.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Agreed. I didn't really like this lick so didn't spend much time on it. It would be a good exercise to tab it out as he plays it and it would be interesting to hear a demo of the way it is written as you say.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Agreed. I didn't really like this lick so didn't spend much time on it. It would be a good exercise to tab it out as he plays it and it would be interesting to hear a demo of the way it is written as you say.
Based on what I saw, it's a good technique to master. So many interesting Artists use these kind of multi note riffs and then make them chromatic till they get to the emphasis counterpoint. From Tommy Bolin, Gary Moore to Eddie Van Halen.......... I'm going to study the Jump Blues solo to see if I can find it written in there.