Electric Guitars Bass Guitar on the way.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
All this messing with bass amps has rubbed off on me. I have a Squier P-Bass that I upgraded the neck and the pickup and electronics. But I thought it would be nice to have something a little nicer.

I was looking for a Peavey Grind bass guitar. They are nice NTB (neck thru body) guitars with some nice looking wood and sculpted bodies. I bought one for my son, but last I saw it was on the local Craigslist for sale from somebody else. But it appears that the Peavey Grind went from being a $250 used bass last fall to a $500 used bass this spring? I guess somebody must have been seen using one? Is Jack White playing bass now?

I happened across the PRS SE bass guitars. There is one with a pick guard which don't work for me. Too much static. But there is another one call the Kingfisher. A new one is $800, but used they are about $450-$550. I found one at Guitar Center for $329 with some damage to the headstock. I think a little glue and it should be fine. It doesn't appear to be broken in the actual neck portion, just the pointy part of the PRS headstock that sticks out. here is the link to the one I bought as long as GC leaves it up.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/PRS/SE-KINGFISHER-Electric-Bass-Guitar-115917644.gc

I will post some sound bytes with a few of my bass amps when it arrives.

Tayport

Blues Newbie
I was tempted to spring for a Hofner Ignition Bass during last weeks Presidents Day sale. The "violin Paul McCartney" style that looks so good. I passed, but one day!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Nice! I share your dislike of the Kestral with pick guard: I got a used Kingfisher and it was a great bass. I traded mine in when I went short scale, else I’d still have it. I think you’re gonna be pleased at the choice. :Beer:

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Cool, thanks. It's hard to go wrong with PRS. But's it's always risky buying without playing.

On the other hand, it's risky playing and then having to buy, because you can't do without it!

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
It finally arrived at 8pm! UPS usually comes by around 4 ish. I met him at the door since I was watching for him. He said hi, and thathe was 4 hours behind! I know, that’s how long I was sitting there! My pc is there so I was doing stuff too.

It looks good. One small puncture in the dody, and the headstock damage ,but the rest is pretty much flawless. It plays really nice. The tuners are nice and smooth. The neck is amazing. The strap button on the bottom is broken, and I use locking straps anyway. I will snap a few pics today and try to make an audio. If my son comes over I may have him play it. He really makes the bass sound good.