Anyone from Scotland on the forum?

DMacD

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum, DMacD!!!

You have found a brand new extended family here! Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!
Thanks Rancid.

DMacD

Blues Newbie
Hmmm... my grandpa McCulloch used to tell tall tales of a mythical place where the golf is played like the olde days and where the whiskey doesn't make your nose feel funny and they make up odd words like "wee bairn" and "haggis". Are you telling me that the place actually exists?

Oh, and welcome :)

Eric
Thanks Eric. I shot two haggis this morning.

DMacD

Blues Newbie
Welcome from another of the UK mob down on the South Coast, as far as I can tell these are members from Scotland, not sure how active on the forum they are, there may also be others as not everyone puts a location in there profiles. We also have a BGU jam each year, here are links to previous years.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/bgu-uk-live-2015.5633/

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/bgu-uk-jam-2016.16295/

always learning
Andy65
DavidC
Mike0709
RESTLESSNATIVE
Scottishblues
Shed97
Rosemary - Evanton
BluesStrat - Paisley
bmac47 - Edinburgh
calluminblack - Gretna
Captainforbes - Helensburgh
Dai-o - Callender
Dougie - Glasgow
Stewart C - Glasgow
Fender Bender - Linlithgow
Suilven - Highlands
Tayport - Dundee
tcmd - Livingstone
Thanks very much Artyman - I appreciate the time it must have taken you to get this information. What a nice welcome. Good Luck.

DMacD

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum DMacD! Good to have you with us!! :thumbup:

Although I'm not from Scotland, my ex is. I really enjoyed my 2 week visit there crisscrossing the Country starting from Ayrshire to Dunfermline, St Andrews, Edinburgh, through the Highlands to Sky, Inverness, Alford (for a family reunion), and then all the way back to Ayrshire...... It was a great trip! I really enjoyed the Highlands after a rain the best!!
Thanks MTman. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Scotland - we get plenty rain here - we need it to make the whisky!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Thanks MTman. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Scotland - we get plenty rain here - we need it to make the whisky!
And I really like the Single malt! As I recall I drank some pretty tasty beer there too!! What part of Scotland are you located?

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
DMacD - welcome from western US (California). Relatives/ancestors from Scotland, England, Switzerland and Ireland on the wife's side! However, as stated above, the blues are universal! Join in and enjoy the ride. And tip a single malt for me as well!!

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
Welcome to the forum. Never been over but my grandfather is from the Falkirk and Lyre areas. I also enjoy my Islay on occasion.